Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The 26th is starting to show up on the Euro now.

43F99906-E487-4C4F-A7DD-149AAC6D9FBB.thumb.png.20eea342eb6e43f40ddca25e48fb3ee1.png

GFS still much stronger.

F5E83672-9A8A-4704-9F7F-D660F4F6D6CD.thumb.png.97654a61a767ac51a20499ae1467ce93.png

I may need to head to Pit2 just to experience a moderate event.  Better than here in any case.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The long range just keeps building that -PNA. Congrats out west. 

On the plus side the long range models has sucked about as bad as the mid-range and short-range.

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Seems suspect, idk what’s up with the same BS with Euro 6z and 18z being amped up? Weird

As much as everybody says the off hour runs aren’t any different, that isn’t true in reality at all. They’re always either amped up, or they go the opposite way, compared to 0z and 12z more often than not. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

As much as everybody says the off hour runs aren’t any different, that isn’t true in reality at all. They’re always either amped up, or they go the opposite way, compared to 0z and 12z more often than not. 

Especially when they added the 06-18z to the euro, I had said that all along but now they screwed up the 0z-12z runs too.............:(

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol it was Ray yesterday, Ice1929 all bombed melted like frosty in the greenhouse last night, now Kevin today. TBlizz should be next.  

NWS gonna need to put out a flood warning from all the melts. 

My  melt was limited in scope...I'm not cancelling winter like 1717 and all of them. I'm just disgusted with December.

No way we get out of this season without a very good stretch IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Agreed! 

A ratter this season would be unprecedented given the healthy episode of blocking that occurred in a la nina December. The naysayers can attempt to negate that with all of the subjective dribble that they would like, but that is simply fact. Again, there can be a first for everything, and our period of records is relatively small, but it is what it is.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

I never bought into the winter of 21-22  being normal to below normal temp wise and snowy. 

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

UHMMM please point to where I cancelled winter and/or wrote that winter is over...

This seemed like a preemptive back pat, but perhaps I read too much into it.

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Make sure you don't forget to put chains on the cruiser and get the blower ready. Maybe you'll see some flurries tonight down in the city.

I might wait up all night for that. Nothing else to look forward to.

What's weird is that I thought this period was going to help areas to my north more but that hasn't been the case. 

Just now, MJO812 said:

I might wait up all night for that. Nothing else to look forward to.

What's weird is that I thought this period was going to help areas to my north more but that hasn't been the case. 

It has, just a little further north than you had thought...Brian and Jeff are doing well.  lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Some feel they've lost 1 out of 3 Winter months.

December was a complete loss form SNE points southward...that isn't really debatable. Again, its frustrating because the blocking materialized, but unfortunately, so did a record breaking RNA at the same, precise time.

• Like 2