Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Torch Tiger said:

Not trolling, the model shows exactly what I said.  trolling would be lying about totals, or making a snide remark.   

deal with it 

larry.jpg

Trolling is posting an OP run at 18z and saying what it shows going out for two weeks, and commenting on it like it has even a remote clue of being right. 

It’s a worthless post.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Running down the street saying Merry Christmas to everyone after contemplating jumping off bridge?

We need mainejayhawk to make a gif of George Bailey running through downtown in the snow and photoshop a scooter head on it. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

OP euro solution is kind of ugly in that the southern stream gets totally isolated and cutoff but the fact there is a storm there is good to see. Even with those flaws, it's pretty close to a good event.

One of the flaws on this run is that a chunk of the PV that was previously getting pinned under the NAO block actually retrogrades back west into the PNA domain, which gives us a worse airmass to work with too.

Now you’ve done it. You mentioned retrograde. Tamarack and Dryslot just tossed their Tandy’s out the window in a fit of rage. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

58 for the high here. Might mow again. Birds chirping in the air and forsythia blooming. I'm not kidding. :lol: 

I saw something flying in the flood light off my porch this evening... moth?  Rare to see any insect flying around in mid-December here.

Today was like April climo.  We started cooling off a little but then mixed out again and spiked into the upper 50s this evening.  Pretty damn crazy.  Shades of Dec 2015.

CLR skis all afternoon with mild temperatures, it was unbelievable.  Such a nice day skiing.  Soft snow, mild temperatures, everyone having a great time.  Folks really do love sunny mild weather for skiing.  Check out the MVL obs... mild, then cooling off, then spiking high as it mixes again with a 14F increase from 4-6pm.

Dec_16_MVL.jpg.7b8b33deaebaf057ad941558dc0ed542.jpg

Glorious hero turns in the soft snow though.  Like I said, felt like April but with much less snowpack.  We do enjoy these days though if Mother Nature is going to torch.  

April.thumb.jpg.fec9888138b60a4dcc6c483d9909ba54.jpg

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I saw something flying in the flood light off my porch this evening... moth?  Rare to see any insect flying around in mid-December here.

Today was like April climo.  We started cooling off a little but then mixed out again and spiked into the upper 50s this evening.  Pretty damn crazy.  Shades of Dec 2015.

CLR skis all afternoon with mild temperatures, it was unbelievable.  Such a nice day skiing.  Soft snow, mild temperatures, everyone having a great time.  Folks really do love sunny mild weather for skiing.  Check out the MVL obs... mild, then cooling off, then spiking high as it mixes again with a 14F increase from 4-6pm.

Glorious hero turns in the soft snow though.  Like I said, felt like April but with much less snowpack.  We do enjoy these days though if Mother Nature is going to torch.  

Yeah for sure. Even Christmas week doesn’t look bitter which is good.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah dumb. Did they determine if that big supercell had a continuous path or did it lift briefly?

I haven't seen any official clarification yet. Only thing I've seen is the NWS Paducah has determined it was on the ground for 128-miles within their forecast area. I think the question is still AR/MO/TN and then maybe where it officially lifted off to the northeast

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’d be funny if my avg high is lower than you this month with these days where I don’t mix out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’d be funny if my avg high is lower than you this month with these days where I don’t mix out.

It's insane seeing the difference between those who mix out and those who don't when it's torching aloft.  Like if that barrier breaks, it's off the races.  If it doesn't, it's a whole other planet.

Feels like April with sunshine and warmth... reminds me of April when further southeast is locked in coastal mank at temps in the 40s while we are sunning on the Picnic Tables in t-shirts.

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Trolling is posting an OP run at 18z and saying what it shows going out for two weeks, and commenting on it like it has even a remote clue of being right. 

It’s a worthless post.  

Knowing an outcome is entirely unlikely, yet trying to convince others it’s plausible because it’s unpopular.

• Thanks 1