Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Man.. You guys are a bunch of whiners. Storm is to far north...storm is DC special... Rain on Xmas.... Cold and dry. Isn't there a somewhere y'all can throw all your crying and complaning into thats not here ( and most of you are adults ). I mean.. Joking is one thing. Lol 

Bite me

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Honestly the Op GFS is not far off from a pretty damn good storm post-Christmas.  The shortwave responsible for causing the suppressed solution comes out of W Canada and eventually gets stuck underneath the block shunting the storm S.  If we can get those 2 timed right, we could be in for a good storm.

Yeah I'm ok with that. 

Canadian tries to redevelop a clipper on Xmas even to our south....that would prob be enough for white Xmas for most of us. These types of embedded shortwaves in the fast flow are going to be hard for models to resolve at this lead time.

The pattern definitely gets even better after Xmas, but I wouldn't sleep on the 12/24-12/25 potential yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That's actually a good point...thinking back over some of the season, a lot of the early season RNA/-NAO patterns were kind of hostile south of NE.

Yeah that’s why like you said NYC would need a +PNA/-NAO to work out more times than not. PNA becomes less of a factor In February/ March

1 minute ago, dmillz25 said:

Yeah that’s why like you said NYC would need a +PNA/-NAO to work out more times than not. PNA becomes less of a factor In February/ March

I think some of that may be due to el nino seasons, which are more apt to produce down there when blocking is present because there is a more prominent STJ. La nina can be tougher even with blocking down there because its more n stream prevalent, which obvious better for NE.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nothing is impossible.  Could rain, could snow, could be sunny, could be dry….it’s all on the table for Scooter. 

All kidding aside though….I’d take my chances with that look.  Let’s roll the dice. 

Well the confluence to our NE could cause it. In any case, I'd take the look overall.

• Like 1