Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah RE. the one that did not work, that low to the east would just force everything down to our south. Sort of like what the GFS op did. 

Like Will said....you have to look at it in terms of probability because even the less suppressive regimes can still screw the pooch with gradient saturation. Each situation is unique, and we refer to past analogs to formulate somewhat of a conceptionalization to guide expectations.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Like Will said....you have to look at it in terms of probability because even the less suppressive regimes can still screw the pooch with gradient saturation. Each situation is unique, and we refer to past analogs to formulate somewhat of a conceptionalization to guide expectations.

I just wish I could squeeze those features I drew on yesterday a bit closer together. I think that happens later in month and into January. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I just wish I could squeeze those features I drew on yesterday a bit closer together. I think that happens later in month and into January. 

That was a great post....ever since you made that, I have noticed how modeling is aligning better for the maratimes and New Foundland.

Euro has a weak impulse in the flow that tries to give a little light snow overnight Xmas eve into Xmas morning, but it's just a shade dry. More like snow showers. But again, those things are not going to be modeled well, so worth watching if it can turn into something bigger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro has a weak impulse in the flow that tries to give a little light snow overnight Xmas eve into Xmas morning, but it's just a shade dry. More like snow showers. But again, those things are not going to be modeled well, so worth watching if it can turn into something bigger.

Euro cooled off from 0z with the big ridge on the 0z rub. Struggling?

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Definitely moisture starved.

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Euro cooled off from 0z with the big ridge on the 0z rub. Struggling?

This entire pattern is going to be difficult on model guidance because of the -PNA firehose running into the NAO block....at any time, one of the fragments of energy ejected from the western trough could become a player, but the model guidance can't really tell which one it is this far out.

That's not even counting how model guidance handles the block itself...nuances in the orientation of the block can have large sensible wx effects.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Something brewing around the 27th.  No way the storm is cutting with that look but primary is wat west over GL.  Getting the squeeze play over northeast

The primary is in Lake Superior at 216 hours....lol. But the block forces a secondary to develop off NJ.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The primary is in Lake Superior at 216 hours....lol. But the block forces a secondary to develop off NJ.

When I was looking at the train of storms I was sort of shocked at how low some of the SLP were over the West.  If we can build some better confluence across Canada, it would yield a much better solution.  Thing blows up offshore.

8 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

There will not be one

Keep humping  the model that's ignoring the pattern 

Too bad we couldn't drop omega, forky and torch tiger on a remote island with no internet....they could just fantasize amongst themselves staring at the sun all day long...maybe add snowman21 to the mix.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1