Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

25 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Some more progress towards something good next week.  We trend.

That was extremely close.....it was a net  gain due to the N stream dropping in faster, but it also looked like some of that was negated by the s stream being faster, as well....or else that may have been a hit this run.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That was extremely close.....it was a net  gain due to the N stream dropping in faster, but it also looked like some of that was negated by the s stream being faster, as well....or else that may have been a hit this run.

Yeah but a definite improvement overall.   Still minor verbatim but I think an ivt trof is often one of the ways the models start to resolve these and you get a legit hit in later runs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

ENE definitely in the game for the southern vort with late phase nw ticks inside d5. The rest of us watch from the sidelines handing them water as they hyperventilate over each model cycle.

Funny, the GFS 6 day snowfall map is about 12" here, 2.5" ORH and like .2" for rev lol

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Funny, the GFS 6 day snowfall map is about 12" here, 2.5" ORH and like .2" for rev lol

Even the tolland teenager is in it. I think this could start coming together over the weekend. The flow is still progressive which limits how early the nstream can dive in, and thus how far west this can trend. I’d hedge towards a moderate hit for ENE if I had to. Or I can take the wolfie approach and straddle the fence for as long as possible while growling at everything else. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Even the tolland teenager is in it. I think this could start coming together over the weekend. The flow is still progressive which limits how early the nstream can dive in, and thus how far west this can trend. I’d hedge towards a moderate hit for ENE if I had to. Or I can take the wolfie approach and straddle the fence for as long as possible while growling at everything else. 

Yea, this has time to hit everyone. I was just commenting on the run output...made me laugh.

The period I picked back in early Novie for the largest event of an active month of December was the week of 12/19 to 12/26, so we'll see.

• Like 2

In my opinion we will get a major nor’easter 6-7 days from now. The North Atlantic blocking is strong and well established. That southern storm isn’t going anywhere with the block in place, I don’t see that escaping out to sea. Due to the severe North Atlantic blocking and ridging out west, I believe this the northern stream will dig even more than the models are saying right now. I don’t buy a progressive solution at all, not with that severe North Atlantic in place. The models have the flow a bit too progressive, but that has been correcting more amplified on recent runs, leading the the low coming back to the north and west. 

im thinking we see a slow moving Miller B nor’easter, the ridge out west is not as sharp as I would like, but it is positioned over Idaho. That is fairly far west, enough that when the models abandon the progressive flow idea (which I believe they will if the blocking is that strong), this storm is going to not only continue trending north and west but it will get stronger as well due to the northern stream digging more and phasing earlier. I do think it’s time to start planning ahead and stocking up on everything we need this weekend, due to potential blizzard conditions in eastern mass during this time frame. I was keeping an eye on it but wasn’t too sure a few days ago due to the trough out west, but as the models have trended towards having a transient well place ridge during that time frame, it looks like everything is coming together now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

This is very close

Potent northern stream and southern stream energy

61bc2c1363b52.png

Those isobars are packed tightly too, I remember from a Bernie Rayno video a few years ago he mentioned that this is an indicator of high winds. If that low comes up the coast (doesn’t look like it does this run), that will be a blizzard.

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

Those isobars are packed tightly too, I remember from a Bernie Rayno video a few years ago he mentioned that this is an indicator of high winds. If that low comes up the coast (doesn’t look like it does this run), that will be a blizzard.

Not a blizzard at all but a noreaster

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Since you mentioned me Luke…I’ll add that I don’t straddle the fence, especially when we’re a week out, and the models are trending and trying to sort things out.  

And this isn’t a growl, but Personally, I think your calls of always deferring to ENE as getting a potential hit, and the rest of the region being largely missed, is ludicrous at this lead time.  So I guess we’re even in how we feel on each other’s forecasting ideas.  

No fence riding here, imo it’s way too early to say who, if anybody will be affected by this so called potential, when it’s clearly still almost a week away. Most likely this thing will be gone or a cutter in a few runs anyway. 

• Weenie 3

4 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Up all night sucking back spliffs I see. 
Lots of ensemble agreement on a hit Xmas Eve. And I don’t mean of your water bong 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3