Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs 2021

George BM

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Wow.  you UHI'd way more than me.  Maybe my lower elevation helped this time.

I think it’s almost all elevation/inversion.  The stations that aren’t on the Tyson’s “ridge” were down in the 30/31 range.  The ones that are were in the 35/36 range.  When I walked down the hill to drop the kid off at school it looked like a different world, and that is like a block away. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, H2O said:

Amazing I’ve beaten you and some others despite being in the tropics. 

29.4° here

Been a weird week. Maybe it snuck down to 32 another morning or two, but definitely been a little warm spot relative to surrounding areas. Not sure why exactly.

Almost comical at this point.  35.6 for my low.  Even DCA in the river went lower.

I know I talk about it occasionally, but the elevation/cold air drainage/inversion thing is amazing.  This is my frost-free backyard with an extremely frosty soccer field in the background.  The difference in elevation is ~30’.  

91E18389-739F-4D81-A9EF-B70A7216F24C.jpeg.89799007c9bb541b284cb8ab428c1696.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Been a weird week. Maybe it snuck down to 32 another morning or two, but definitely been a little warm spot relative to surrounding areas. Not sure why exactly.

I have the same thing at my spot a couple miles NE of Germantown -- for example I was 31 this morning while Gaithersburg was reporting 25.  I figure we are on some hills while that little airport is down in a flat, low area.

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

I have the same thing at my spot a couple miles NE of Germantown -- for example I was 31 this morning while Gaithersburg was reporting 25.  I figure we are on some hills while that little airport is down in a flat, low area.

Those microclimates in Germantown and surrounding areas are pretty insane. I saw that first hand for the 3 years I worked/lived in the area before moving out here. 

• mappy unpinned this topic