Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I'm somwhat inclined to toss the UKIe idea of the wild west bend though.  I think like those HURR models and the Euro its more likely to come in on a 330-340 angle somewhere and hold to that idea.  The pattern to me does not support anything otherwise unless it becomes a cat 2 or3 

yeah I don't see those crazy west bends happening either. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, George001 said:

The low is headed right over my backyard. This storm is terrifying, the extreme wind being forecasted in my area remind me of Irene. That was the worst storm I have ever experienced in my lifetime, the wind was so extreme that the trampoline was blown off the ground and started bouncing around my backyard. We lost power for a week, with fallen trees and branches everywhere. My area only got like 2-3 inches of rain, but the extreme wind is what made that storm so devastating in my area. 

Irene went about 10 miles west of me on the south shore of LI. Winds were strong enough to knock some larger trees down but nothing “extreme”. I’m not sold on the huge wind potential for this one either. If this blows up to a strong Cat 2 maybe but if it straggles as a minimal hurricane it’ll reach us as a mid grade tropical storm. 

• Like 1

I actually agree with "Snowgoosenaughty69"  because the UKMET has a curved bias it has always had imho, dating back to the late 1990s.  I still see semblances of it there, lurking in that model's ongoing cinema...  So seeing it be the most dramatic in that regard - heh... okay -

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Irene went about 10 miles west of me on the south shore of LI. Winds were strong enough to knock some larger trees down but nothing “extreme”. I’m not sold on the huge wind potential for this one either. If this blows up to a strong Cat 2 maybe but if it straggles as a minimal hurricane it’ll reach us as a mid grade tropical storm. 

Irene was like only a 60-65mph system and NHC did not want to have people let their guard down the final 12-24 so they just kept it at 70 or 75 (I think it was 75).  This will be the first true LF tropical up here though since Irene really.  Isiaish and Sandy were hybrids or transitioners. 

12 minutes ago, George001 said:

This is going to be the second tropical storm or stronger to hit the New England region this year and we still have a long way to go before the end of hurricane season. In my opinion, this year will go down as one of the most severe hurricane seasons on record. 

Hot take central 

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Irene was like only a 60-65mph system and NHC did not want to have people let their guard down the final 12-24 so they just kept it at 70 or 75 (I think it was 75).  This will be the first true LF tropical up here though since Irene really.  Isiaish and Sandy were hybrids or transitioners. 

This is a moderate TS on all the models that get this far west, literally every model

08L_intensity_latest.png

Just checking in.  I have not been following the thread today other than a couple of glances.

So many weenie type posts.  Henri looks like crap right now.  I would have thought that we would have some good strengthening by this time.   The storm looks small geographically and wagons are west.  May turn out to be a pretty okay weekend out on the Cape.  My thinking is this will be a strong tropical storm or minimal hurricane at best.  Not one of the "big" ones.  For that you need a system screaming northbound in front of a trough.  Still time for Henri to get it's act together but keep expectations low if you are a big storm lover.

I think of Tip in weather situations like this.  A nice clean airmass with Bahama blue skies with fast Cu moving by.  Definitely will feel tropical.

• Like 2

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Just checking in.  I have not been following the thread today other than a couple of glances.

So many weenie type posts.  Henri looks like crap right now.  I would have thought that we would have some good strengthening by this time.   The storm looks small geographically and wagons are west.  May turn out to be a pretty okay weekend out on the Cape.  My thinking is this will be a strong tropical storm or minimal hurricane at best.  Not one of the "big" ones.  For that you need a system screaming northbound in front of a trough.  Still time for Henri to get it's act together but keep expectations low if you are a big storm lover.

I think of Tip in weather situations like this.  A nice clean airmass with Bahama blue skies with fast Cu moving by.  Definitely will feel tropical.

As I posted earlier...we've had many cases the last decade of storms in that area that head up towards SNE and then OTS which we thought would strengthen and never did....part of it is every time the window is short, like 24-48 but in each case it feels like the centers were not aligned and when you're trying to get that in addition to RI in a 36-48 hour span its tough.  I think it still makes it to 75-80 at some point but not sure it gets beyond that

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Idk track has been all over the place. It could be bad there. 

People around here think a huge storm is still coming - My wife just told me that all of her friends and coworkers are saying we're in the direct path and I'm the only one who has meh'd it. Hope I'm right, lol 

I told her maybe we'll get a few gusts to 30mph. That's probably on the high end in reality

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

People around here think a huge storm is still coming - My wife just told me that all of her friends and coworkers are saying we're in the direct path and I'm the only one who has meh'd it. Hope I'm right, lol 

I told her maybe we'll get a few gusts to 30mph. That's probably on the high end in reality

Because they watched the new last night and haven't followed up today to see shift in track W.

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic