• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Friday should see dewpoints 75+. Probably see some areas even get 78-80. PWATS going to be through the roof...would wager we could be looking at daily records possible but that's just a guess. 

It’s the kind of 5-7 day stretch of dews where folks have to shower 2-3x per day even if in AC and change boxers at least that often 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s the kind of 5-7 day stretch of dews where folks have to shower 2-3x per day even if in AC and change boxers at least that often 

We may certainly not see 90's but it's going to get quite humid and remain that way well into next week. And those who defend these thins will say "blah, blah blah but it's August and we're used to humidity"...who cares what month it is and what we're used too...humidity is humidity and those will make changes to adapt to it (hence run to AC)

• Like 1
  • Weenie 4

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

BOX doesn’t have me over 80F for the next week.  I doubt that verifies but…

Could be a lot of clouds...some showers interior. Then the tropical rains. idk...looks swampy over much of the period. Pop some sun and it gets warm and oppressively quickly, but should be mostly 80s or even u70s in areas that hold the clouds/showers longer. I'll sell u70s/80F dews although wizzy may get his pwats.

Whatever...it's mid august. It's warmth and humidity. Been there done that before.

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

May need to watch where Fred tracks for heavy rain, maybe iso tor? Although, mostly rain issue. Dews will be oppressive south of the track, but the track may be over SNE.

Watched 2 different PWM stations' forecasts this noon, and they must be looking at different models (or something).  1st one had possible Fred effects late Wednesday but it may stay west.  2nd had the effects Friday but may stay south.  :huh:

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Watched 2 different PWM stations' forecasts this noon, and they must be looking at different models (or something).  1st one had possible Fred effects late Wednesday but it may stay west.  2nd had the effects Friday but may stay south.  :huh:

Looks more like late Wed or Thu depending on the model?

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

An absolute furnace of a month and Stein. Record warm June and possibly top 3 August sandwiched between a record wet and dewpoint July. What a summer . Send rain please. :stein:

Wed night into Sunday should offer chances. We've lucked out here as that map shows.

Yet this summer's left some points on the field - perhaps to Kevin's chagrin.   I keep seeing this ... a kind of quasi - Kalvin Hemholtz.  The band of the seasonal continental conveyor is pushed N of normal and it's curling around and pooling/ ...tendency therein, of 850 mb cooler air in the OV

image.png.5716459ab18ed494595dda492ffc2595.png

I've been seeing this with increasing frequency in the past 5 to 7 summers, but this year it has been more common than any priors. 

We are not in the heat this year despite those June numbers ( I mean that euphemistically - it could have been worse and in some sense perhaps should have been but the circulation plague above is folding over and islanding off D.C. to protect policy makers from first hand GW experience ...LOL).

In fact, that June heat was almost entirely solar drive ( being under the perennial apex ), with huge bloated if not historic geopotential heights offering nearly unlimited hydrostatic diurnal expansion.   So we made the mid 90s with 594+ hgts?  I know it sounds like a sacrilege to describe the hottest June on record that way, but .... that I argue was more based upon elevated DPs and night time mins, and pattern persistence, more so than cresting high temps in the VIP party.   

We've made mid 90s heat waves out of 582 dam in the past.  I noticed this back in June ... we never really got a real Sonoran/western heat injection into this thing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yet this summer's left some points on the field - perhaps to Kevin's chagrin.   I keep seeing this ... a kind of quasi - Kalvin Hemholtz.  The band of the seasonal continental conveyor is pushed N of normal and it's curling around and pooling/ ...tendency therein, of 850 mb cooler air in the OV

I've been seeing this with increasing frequency in the past 5 to 7 summers, but this year it has been more common than any priors. 

We are not in the heat this year despite those June numbers ( I mean that euphemistically - it could have been worse and in some sense perhaps should have been but the circulation plague above is folding over and islanding off D.C. to protect policy makers from first hand GW experience ...LOL).

In fact, that June heat was almost entirely solar drive ( being under the perennial apex ), with huge bloated if not historic geopotential heights offering nearly unlimited hydrostatic diurnal expansion.   So we made the mid 90s with 594+ hgts?  I know it sounds like a sacrilege to describe the hottest June on record that way, but .... that I argue was more based upon elevated DPs and night time mins, and pattern persistence, more so than cresting high temps in the VIP party.   

We've made mid 90s heat waves out of 582 dam in the past.  I noticed this back in June ... we never really got a real Sonoran/western heat injection into this thing.

We’ll get Sonora around thanksgiving…

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I couldn’t care less about heat. I like high dews. And we have had and will continue to have a record high dewpoint summer . Let’s ride that right thru Labor Day and then it will get cold 

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, that was my thought as well. I ain't biting lol.

They may not even say it, or open comments back up in a couple days, but by then I bet they’ll have raised even hundreds of thousands of new accounts worldwide.  Not a chance in hell it’s a random glitch starting on a Monday morning, ha.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Make sure you keep Kevin up-to-date on when you're taking your showers.  He likes to know these things.  Not sure about the boxers though.

• Haha 3