• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes actually everyone does. It affects the body. 90’s and dry does not. Sorry 

I wouldn’t worry either if I was retired and living it out like a Zach Brown Song.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand...not a worry in the world, dog poo in my hand.....life is good today. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Has it been a record dew summer?  Legit question.   Any data that shows that?   I know of that one Portland dew record for one day.  

Yes. Many sites have broken all time dew temps and Shabbs had a stat that June and July had highest avg dews. It’s fact for ACATT and they continue to fight it . It smacks them across the face like a dinky 

10 hours ago, kdxken said:

I think tamarack is the only one who said the bugs haven't sucked during this stretch. He must not have had the record breaking dews.

Probably had dews in the 70s in the north woods Thursday, as PWM topped its record with 78.  However, August 1988 when the PWM TD reached 77 had nearly 2 weeks when dews almost never fell below 70 - longest dewey heat stretch I've experienced and the only time we had white mold growing on everything in the basement.  PWM minima averaged 70.1 for the period 8/4-8/13 that August.  I think it's their only 10-day (or even 7-day) run with a 70+ average low.  Their mildest minimum of 76 in July 2011 was within a warmest week averaging 68.1 for minima.

Nice 0.71" drink yesterday, August up to 1.07".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Probably had dews in the 70s in the north woods Thursday, as PWM topped its record with 78.  However, August 1988 when the PWM TD reached 77 had nearly 2 weeks when dews almost never fell below 70 - longest dewey heat stretch I've experienced and the only time we had white mold growing on everything in the basement.  PWM minima averaged 70.1 for the period 8/4-8/13 that August.  I think it's their only 10-day (or even 7-day) run with a 70+ average low.  Their mildest minimum of 76 in July 2011 was within a warmest week averaging 68.1 for minima.

Nice 0.71" drink yesterday, August up to 1.07".

1988 was the king of dews in my memory.   But a few years back I think lots of records fell…

28 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Dendrite or someone in the past has posted those charts showing how many hours with dews at 70F or higher for some major stations compared to other summers. Be interesting to see that. 

We aren’t close to breaking the hours above 65 degree DP or 70. The hype is just that

network_CT_ASOS__zstation_BDL__var_dwpf__dir_aoa__thres_65__month_summer__year_2021__dpi_100.png

network_CT_ASOS__zstation_BDL__var_dwpf__dir_aoa__thres_70__month_summer__year_2021__dpi_100.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3