• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

9 hours ago, J.Spin said:

Now you’re getting it.  That’s why you want to winter in a place where there’s always snow.  Based on the yearly schedule Phin seems to be following, he definitely gets it.  Most of us up here in NNE are here because of the snow, not because we have some strange obsession with wanting to freeze our azzes off.  I did have to include that “most” qualifier though… because I’m sure they’re out there.

LoveTheSnowNotTheCold.jpg.93a677bc610d82b27aeb7cb5ddcc11ed.jpg

Haha nah it’s just easier to do family stuff when the weather is warm. I’ll always be a winter fan at heart.

16 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

Yeah that is true, but this heat is not good for you, you could get heat stroke easily and not even know it, I know plenty of folks that got stroke and it was too late by the time they noticed.  Luckily they recovered but it comes on fast.. . I've I'm getting hypothermia I usually can tell..

Our party of 40 had a fairly long walk into Big Reed Pond north of Baxter Park on Thursday.  The mantra was bring water and watch each other.  Had no issues, other than some incredibly dusty roads.

Coldest I saw was next to a glacial lagoon…7C on the car thermo, so 45F.  Warmest was 20 or 22 C so 72ish.   Some parts of the country were seeing 25C while we were there.   We packed for 50s

We packed for 60s-70s on our Iceland/Norway trip.  10 days in Norway included about 2 hours above 70 (barely) plus 2 full days of 50s RA.  Iceland never reached 60 on our 2.5 days there.  (Of course, I wore the same clothes at 50 as at 70 but I'm weird.)

Edit:  Glad J.Spin included that "most" as we moved north for the trees, with snow a very nice side benefit.
Had a briefly heavy then lighter shower 8:35-9:15, maybe a tenth or 2.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

These “low temps” lol.  Walking around Dover seeing so many without multiple window units, window fans to try and exhaust the heat. Very few with central air. 

It’s not a luxury anymore, it’s a necessity. Today will make it 15 days 90+ to date? 

75/69 here…not too bad out right now with overcast skies. I’ve only been 90+ 1 or 2x this year. People lived without AC for thousands of years. We can get by too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Get this garbage airmass out of here. Took a short bike ride and damn, way too muggy

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Help is coming for you.  Dew was 70F at 9:40am and now it’s 61F.  You can feel it with ever puff of wind, a little drier each time.

We are 71/61 and dropping after a half inch of rain this morning.  Windows and doors open, A/C off.

We should see dews fall through the 50s today.  Only a matter of time for you.

• Like 1

Help is coming for you.  Dew was 70F at 9:40am and now it’s 61F.  You can feel it with ever puff of wind, a little drier each time.
We are 71/61 and dropping after a half inch of rain this morning.  Windows and doors open, A/C off.
We should see dews fall through the 50s today.  Only a matter of time for you.

Good deal. 83/75 atm

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

These “low temps” lol.  Walking around Dover seeing so many without multiple window units, window fans to try and exhaust the heat. Very few with central air. 

It’s not a luxury anymore, it’s a necessity. Today will make it 15 days 90+ to date? 

I think 1983 had 30 something in Boston.