• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

I will say there is probably more of a bias toward more hours in the ASOS era since obs are more reliable (automated) versus being sent out by human observers. There were frequent missed obs at hourly sites pre-automation. There was a period there between the 50s-70s where many sites only reported every 3 hours too…although those may be the groups of years “blued” out for too many missed obs.

• Like 2

For instance, the sub 60° summer dew hours are fairly consistent whereas you would probably expect a drop off with >60° climbing. So I think the thing to take from these charts is a slow climb in dews with time and an increase in data points (more hourly obs).

image.png

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I admit it’s nice out, but 70 dews return Wednesday. Looking forward to it.

I mean I get that it's nice to look forward to more extreme weather, even if it's high dews.  Dreading something just sucks, so might as well embrace it and look forward to it.  But there's no way it is not nice enough to do something with the family outside today that you'd need 70 dews to do.

The up and down is sort of nice and at least interesting as temps can go.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I mean I get that it's nice to look forward to more extreme weather, even if it's high dews.  Dreading something just sucks, so might as well embrace it and look forward to it.  But there's no way it is not nice enough to do something with the family outside today that you'd need 70 dews to do.

The up and down is sort of nice and at least interesting as temps can go.  

I just prefer water activities. This weather is good for yard work and hiking.