Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nice. My station is up to 98.5.

Same ...  well, not "my" station - I never replaced mine 5 years ago - don't see the point.  I have like 10 stations tied into Wunder' not 2 clicks from my house and the mean of them ...typically matches the differential between FIT and ASH, or if varies ...not hugely worrisome degrees.

They are all 96 to 98 as the high with 75 to 78 f'um DPs wow

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Excessive dews keeping it down a bit? A lot of the older 100+ days seemed to require lower dews mixing down. Now we do 98/75 like it's nbd. When we actually get the right setup with dry air (July 2011) we shatter records.

We'll eventually get another prime setup day like the PAC NW just had and we'll see numerous 104-106F in the hot spots.

What's weird is max temps have risen faster since 2000 in the summer than min temps They've risen almost twice as fast here. Granted, only 20 year sample, but that is completely opposite of the trend from 1950-2000.

Even weirder, the rest of the year has been the usual...min temps continue to rise much faster than max temps. But for the summer months, it has not followed that pattern the past 2 decades.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

You got me curious so I looked it up, but it looks legit.

image.png

That is a weird temp distribution, with the west side of the Olympics hotter than the north or east.   However, the nearby readings do back up Quillayute.  And 118 in The Forks?  That would tie the state's record max, and I doubt many would expect it there rather than in the semi-desert east of the Cascades.

45 minutes ago, tamarack said:

That is a weird temp distribution, with the west side of the Olympics hotter than the north or east.   However, the nearby readings do back up Quillayute.  And 118 in The Forks?  That would tie the state's record max, and I doubt many would expect it there rather than in the semi-desert east of the Cascades.

It makes complete sense...the wind was coming from the east and downsloping. 

50 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Yeah I tossed that 118° due to likely radiation issues. Once that midlevel flow went easterly it was a pretty good downslope for the western slopes. Definitely an exptic setup where everything came together.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

What's weird is max temps have risen faster since 2000 in the summer than min temps They've risen almost twice as fast here. Granted, only 20 year sample, but that is completely opposite of the trend from 1950-2000.

Even weirder, the rest of the year has been the usual...min temps continue to rise much faster than max temps. But for the summer months, it has not followed that pattern the past 2 decades.

Still no 100 in a decade weird