Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Quillayute is 4 miles from the Pacific.  Hoquiam is 125 miles SE and 14 miles from the Pacific on the Columbia estuary.  That 15° difference in temps is very suspicious.  One station explodes their all time high by 11° while the other remains 8° below theirs.

In other news, yesterday's 92/68 set new high for daily mean since moving here in May 1998.  Had a weak 10-minute TS (0.11") just after 9 PM last evening.  Not much but better than nothing.

You got me curious so I looked it up, but it looks legit.

image.png

wow, 97 at BOS ( validation notwithstanding... which is going to be difficult considering HFS-BAF corridor corroborate - ) at 12:15 pm

Their DP is 72 -

Those numbers are sagged by decimals but the HI calculated presently to 106

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Definitely more SNE centric today with the heat. Today doesn't feel as bad as yest up here.

MHT is 93/ 68..70  

They are ahead of yesterday in achieving the T side of that, and averaging 1 to 2 clicks higher in DP.   Could be a local side idiosyncrasy... CON come in pretty much dead nuts on yesterday. just sayn'

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

MHT is 93/ 68..70  

They are ahead of yesterday in achieving the T side of that, and averaging 1 to 2 clicks higher in DP.   Could be a local side idiosyncrasy... CON come in pretty much dead nuts on yesterday. just sayn'

I don't live in MHT and consider it SNE. ;)

I've been running behind yesterday since mid morning...just a lot more clouds. It's starting to clear out now though and the temp is responding so maybe it'll end up similar to yesterday in the end. But my point was that the epicenter for the heat yesterday was S ME/SE NH and today is further south into E MA.

19 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

If BOS is at 97 now it will hit 100 with an asterisk 

What bout HFD and BAF  ...

heh.. I mean, the sensor could need a tuning - okay... But it's no one knows how 'badly' it is off, even if that can be proven.  It's likely decimals -

In fact, if it is 93 in Dorchester, I'd almost question that sensor more so given the total environment

But know what - who cares.  It's donkey ballz out there