• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

this might be more the esoteric metric but .. the 12z NAM FOUS for BTV up there in NW NE  ?

I almost wonder if they set a high DP ( dew point)  record sometimes late Sunday into Monday.   23 to 28 C at their T1 sigma level - yet they have repeating intervals ( 6 -hrlies) with QPF in the bucket straight through that heat.

That's like suggestive of raining noon Monday at 87 F - yikes

45 minutes ago, tamarack said:

A red oak of that size without deeply furrowed bark has had a happy, fast-growing life.

Weird that you mention . I have split literally thousands of oak trees and had never seen one where the rings were so large. It wasn't in a very wet area so I was kind of surprised. Maybe somebody's buried under the stump :)

11 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Weird that you mention . I have split literally thousands of oak trees and had never seen one where the rings were so large. It wasn't in a very wet area so I was kind of surprised. Maybe somebody's buried under the stump :)

Adequate moisture and nutrients, and the factory (live crown) mostly in the sun?  Works every time (though genetics play a part.)

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Adequate moisture and nutrients, and the factory (live crown) mostly in the sun?  Works every time (though genetics play a part.)

I think you may have  helped me solve a mystery I have wondered about for years. Not 75 ft from that tree is a 12 ft in circumference elm tree untouched by Dutch elm.  I think it may be the nutrients. Both trees were in an area of predominantly black locust trees. I know black locust s are nitrogen fixers maybe that had something to do with it?

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

One would think the evolution of the op runs for the holiday weekend may change. The op runs have been much more progressive with the ULL and front though the euro slowed it down and moved it WSW . The Eps has been insisting the ULL stays west of the Apps keeping us in warm, humid, stormy east side of it next weekend. With the strength of that WAR and its high heights, can certainly see how EPS may have right idea. At least the 12z

Things def trended this way today., Models severely underestimating the WAR. You can foresee them continuing that time and the humidity does not break next weekend. We’ll see ho things trend