Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

24 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It will be a steamah for sure

Yeah, this is one of those deal where the ultra calibrated nature of the typical air-way ASOS tech housing ...won't reflect small rural down towns, nor the experience of living in them, as they are surrounding by sun baked fields evaporating soil moisture into a column with ongoing continental Tropical air transport already.  I could see ASH being 94.3/69.8 on that Mesowest ... but Lancaster center is 88/77 and the latter is actually f'ing real too.

• Like 1

Oh, .. Hoarfrosty Hubb-dawg ... 

You were talking about Monday -

I was thinking today when I responded.  What I said really applies to today more so ( although the 77 DP is a bit hyperbole, admit - )

Tomorrow... Mm... you still won't make 98 - lol.    But I suspect you could get into the low 90s. 

• Like 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m supposed to be golfing 3 times next weekend, so you can book the fact that it’ll be a disaster 

It's still 7 days away so yeah, likely to change in future runs.   Wouldn't sweat it -

This forum also serves as an outlet for neurotic complaining/venting.   Soo many red-headed step children are grateful this was invented as a domestic abuse reducing device - lol..

I realize this won't get considered/ ..if read, so I'll keep it brief.  Models turning the flow more west tomorrow/Tuesday.  Mid coastal CT to Logan and points SE won't broil today ventilated by modifying marine contamination and mid/upper 80s and rich DPs oughta do it today. So when the thumbs down post about the heat bust start up, keep that in mind

Summer heat finally making a return today in western ME after being delayed by extensive cloud cover the past two days. This wasn't initially picked up by the models, the fly in the ointment being that sudden weak low forming off the carolinas Thursday night and making the move up the coast on Friday.

Currently sitting at mid 80s with abundant sunshine. IZG soared to upper 80s by 11am but has since seemingly hit a ceiling at 89.6. It appears the tail end of the heat is getting trimmed back a bit as well compared to the earlier runs. Par for the course for heat waves here from my previous years living in this area. The summers that bucked that trend were 2002 and 1999. If the GFS is right, the extensive overcast gloom returns Thursday and won't finally vacate the area until Tuesday evening. Yeesh. I'll be making the trip back to AZ before that time.

Most of my time visiting here the past month has actually been quite decent by June standards, with exception to the memorial weekend disaster. Nothing quite like stepping out of the airport and getting smacked in the face by labradorian marine tainted 40s after being acclimated to 100/70.

• Like 2

I realize this won't get considered/ ..if read, so I'll keep it brief.  Models turning the flow more west tomorrow/Tuesday.  Mid coastal CT to Logan and points SE won't broil today ventilated by modifying marine contamination and mid/upper 80s and rich DPs oughta do it today. So when the thumbs down post about the heat bust start up, keep that in mind
Anything to reduce the heat and dews is fine by me

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Gfs? Its a toaster bath for 4th weekend? Not following 

Didn’t you see this? Unless they misread the model 

EC is more progressive and advances the shortwave trough
across the Great Lakes region and into northern New England by the
weekend. The EC solution would favor a frontal system crossing the
region Thursday or Friday with showers and thunderstorms, then
potentially dry weather for Saturday, while the GFS solution favors
several days of showers/thunderstorms and more persistent
warmth/higher humidity levels into next weekend.

40 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

Summer heat finally making a return today in western ME after being delayed by extensive cloud cover the past two days. This wasn't initially picked up by the models, the fly in the ointment being that sudden weak low forming off the carolinas Thursday night and making the move up the coast on Friday.

Currently sitting at mid 80s with abundant sunshine. IZG soared to upper 80s by 11am but has since seemingly hit a ceiling at 89.6. It appears the tail end of the heat is getting trimmed back a bit as well compared to the earlier runs. Par for the course for heat waves here from my previous years living in this area. The summers that bucked that trend were 2002 and 1999. If the GFS is right, the extensive overcast gloom returns Thursday and won't finally vacate the area until Tuesday evening. Yeesh. I'll be making the trip back to AZ before that time.

Most of my time visiting here the past month has actually been quite decent by June standards, with exception to the memorial weekend disaster. Nothing quite like stepping out of the airport and getting smacked in the face by labradorian marine tainted 40s after being acclimated to 100/70.

A bit of a different story on the midcoast...aside from a touch of humidity, a top 10–maybe 15.  Sunny, 77*.