Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I would not leave the house

Many Pacific Northwesterners don’t have consistent access to air conditioning: Fewer than two-thirds of households in Oregon have air conditioning, according to Kaiser Permanente Northwest.

According to 2019 figures from the U.S. Census Bureau, Seattle has the lowest rate of air-conditioned homes of any major American city. Only 44% of the homes in the metro area have air conditioning. In the Portland metro area, that figure was 79%.

Either HHH and stormy like GFS or warm and dry like Euro. Based on the strength of that WAR.. GFS is the lean with dews , heat storms 

The EC solution would favor a frontal system crossing the
region Thursday or Friday with showers and thunderstorms, then
potentially dry weather for Saturday, while the GFS solution favors
several days of showers/thunderstorms and more persistent
warmth/higher humidity levels into next weekend.

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

GFS on crack as it tries to completely ruin the 4th weekend like Memorial weekend. Euro while cloudy at least is not frigid

download.png

download (1).png

The model crack smoking started out west, and it’s manifesting in real time. The latest GFS runs in the context of the craziness out west makes a lot of sense actually...The yin and the yang. A highly anomalous UL ridge out west...begets a highly anomalous UL trough in the East? Physical equationsMother Nature finding a way to amplify baroclinic waves with summer climo and temperatures across the CONUS by breaking physical limitations out west significantly to the up side...

16 hours ago, kdxken said:

I think you may have  helped me solve a mystery I have wondered about for years. Not 75 ft from that tree is a 12 ft in circumference elm tree untouched by Dutch elm.  I think it may be the nutrients. Both trees were in an area of predominantly black locust trees. I know black locust s are nitrogen fixers maybe that had something to do with it?

Experiments that add nitrogen to the soil have shown increased growth, but the costs/benefits don't work in a forest setting.  Years ago we had bioash (from biomass electricity facilities, applied at no cost to the land manager) spread on state land near Greenville and that resulted in greater growth, though that may have been mainly due to lowering soil acidity.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Many Pacific Northwesterners don’t have consistent access to air conditioning: Fewer than two-thirds of households in Oregon have air conditioning, according to Kaiser Permanente Northwest.

According to 2019 figures from the U.S. Census Bureau, Seattle has the lowest rate of air-conditioned homes of any major American city. Only 44% of the homes in the metro area have air conditioning. In the Portland metro area, that figure was 79%.

Pretty sure Lowes etc have them covered if they want one.

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Tuesday’s BOX point n click has me at 98. That is unusual

It is hard to even get above 90 here

It won't -

If Logan makes 101, you'll be 95 at your elevation and foliage dense surrounding - also rural environment? 

DP ?  That's another thing.  You'll be in the tea kettle on that one

• Like 1