Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Had to spin up to the Picnic Tables briefly.  Another 10 out of 10 day.  Nice to see normal summer activities again with families enjoying themselves.  Almost a 40-degree diurnal swing in the valley so far.

Going to be 80F even up top next week.

37BE7042-0F62-45C7-A285-67806B5A1511.thumb.jpeg.9a2992428831d11164dd639b5080928e.jpeg

Is that John Henry wearing the light blue T-shirt???.....perhaps he is searching the mountains for El Guapo???

Top 10 Nicknames In Red Sox History – CBS Boston

Mmm, yeah it transitions into more a continental heat deal by late Sunday - perhaps Saturday into Sunday .. but it's a WSW inferno by Monday.

But speak of the devil, this is really cool seeing these CBs moving N and approaching the S. Coast as that cold front has begun moving back toward the EC as the warm front above...  I am nearly 200 miles N of this and I can see these side like anvils on the southern horizon, knowing it is tropical air coming, while the dash thermometer reads 72 and the DP is about 48

image.png.77735c4291f6f3dfcfe2e141ac4e3388.png

Time sensy but here's the loop:  https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Rhode_Island-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mmm, yeah it transitions into more a continental heat deal by late Sunday - perhaps Saturday into Sunday .. but it's a WSW inferno by Monday.

But speak of the devil, this is really cool seeing these CBs moving N and approaching the S. Coast as that cold front has begun moving back toward the EC as the warm front above...  I am nearly 200 miles N of this and I can see these side like anvils on the southern horizon, knowing it is tropical air coming, while the dash thermometer reads 72 and the DP is about 48

image.png.77735c4291f6f3dfcfe2e141ac4e3388.png

Time sensy but here's the loop:  https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Rhode_Island-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

The Cape could get a solid soaking tonight while interior sees no rain and low clouds and fog tomorrow morning evolve into a soupy 80/69 afternoon 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The Cape could get a solid soaking tonight while interior sees no rain and low clouds and fog tomorrow morning evolve into a soupy 80/69 afternoon 

not sure on tomorrow... I could see it doing that, altho maybe 65 DP .. but splitting hairs.

I almost wonder if the front has just enough residual convergence along it to spark convection ...Regional lifted index is like -2 by 20z the rest of the way on the NAM's recent runs, so it's unstable in a denser theta-e - those would rain hard too. The 700 and 500 RH is opened up < 60 % indicating it's tomorrow will have decent amount of afternoon sun to add to CAPE, in a noticeably different air mass than today -

but getting that boundary layer DP advected in overnight does feel strata and foggy yea.   Matter of if that burns off mid day - gotta figure it does under a June microwave emitter in the sky

32 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Im busting

Which way ...

Let's rejoin this discussing circa next Thursday, when we've just put together 4 consecutive daily averages that will ( most likely..) have been +15 by nights, and probably that much by day, to close out the month. 

I'll be curious how June stacks up at HFD vs Logon.  Scott's been aware that Logan instrumentation may need a tuning/calibration.  I don't know if HFD, ORH or PVD are putting up contenders -

55 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Felt kinda brisk earlier with the sea breeze. 60/53 Guess I'll be wishing for this next week.

Yup! 58/50 out in Hampton. Absolutely beautiful night for a fire in the backyard. Why anyone in there right mind wants next weeks heat literally blows my mind. You want 88/55 for a good beach day? Ok I’m fine with that. But 95/70 is a miserable piece of sweaty swamp ass crap. 

I have no AC and I’m not in a financial situation to buy one either so pound sand heat lovers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Man that heat in the Pac NW is so exotic and unreal. I keep looking at the output and just laughing. MEX has 110F at PDX for Sunday and their warmest on record is 107F way back in 1942.

North America en fuego. But that NW stuff takes the cake.  A MOS output, skewed towards climo, is producing 3F higher than all-time values?

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

North America en fuego. But that NW stuff takes the cake.  A MOS output, skewed towards climo, is producing 3F higher than all-time values?

It does ... but, it really interests me that the non-hydrostatic heights over LI are equal or event higher -

I just really feel we are dodging extraordinary bullets when these emerge. Playing with fire 

We haven’t observed a true Sonoran heat release inject a pithy 22.5+C 850 mb, well mixing payload into one of these, not since 594 dm become the new 588.  These tall heights can do a lot of damage with ‘hone grown cumulative thermal and consecutive days - like next week’s type. But I wonder if something special lurks and one of theses times 25C will be 850 over ORD with sights on BTV to PHL and Boston, but timing when we’re bulging the tropopause like we will with that atmospheric Tibetan Plateau next week. You wait 

• Like 2