Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

5 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Here’s the NWS tweet. Some model guidance has the 500mb temp approaching just -2C.

That's insane for those volcanoes at height.  The glaciers are going to be running.  Historic heat after prolonged above normal departures?  Yikes.  One of those events that absolutely contributes very directly to the melting of "permanent" snowfields. Glide cracks, hanging snowpack loosening from the rock below (that rock will warm efficiently in a record air mass), avalanches would be extremely large if they happen as the winter snowpack has melted back to the permanent areas.

But jeez, what an air mass progged.  The environmental impacts will be large.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Regardless, dewpoints in the 65 to 70 range will make it feel humid. The one thing that will make it more tolerable is that Bufkit indicates good mixing with southwest wind gusts of 20-25 mph during the afternoon.

Tolerable is better than nothing.

Yesterday afternoon after it cleared was beautiful with 76/62. Today will be mucky it seems with no sun. Sucks. Looking forward to some sauna weather for the first beach foray of the summer Monday Tuesday 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Any chance for some sun today along the Midcoast?  Asking for a friend.

All of us should see breaks in the clouds as SW winds pick up. Summer pattern with early morning fog clouds leading to breaks. Tomorrow looks like a lot more sun as it sizzles. AC weather is back. Been great to have all the windows open but it is summer. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

I’ve debated that 107° before. I toss it since EWB airport was only like 99-100°. 7/4/1911 was probably tops for much of the region given how widespread the high numbers were. It wasn’t a cheap 106° with 100° all around it. 

BOS 102/83; PVD 104/75 (RI hottest)

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Can you throw one up for Portland OR?

PDX isn’t working on that site.

Goofus for Monday is probably the most impressive in SEA, but I think I’d toss this. Fully mixed up to H6 near the coast. Just your everyday 118° at the sfc in coastal WA.

AFB2B38F-761D-415F-8751-9CC534DC18C5.jpeg

• Like 2

One would think the evolution of the op runs for the holiday weekend may change. The op runs have been much more progressive with the ULL and front though the euro slowed it down and moved it WSW . The Eps has been insisting the ULL stays west of the Apps keeping us in warm, humid, stormy east side of it next weekend. With the strength of that WAR and its high heights, can certainly see how EPS may have right idea. At least the 12z

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

PDX isn’t working on that site.

Goofus for Monday is probably the most impressive in SEA, but I think I’d toss this. Fully mixed up to H6 near the coast. Just your everyday 118° at the sfc in coastal WA.

AFB2B38F-761D-415F-8751-9CC534DC18C5.jpeg

Now that is a downslope dandy. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Blows my mind.

4BC8F687-D129-4F29-8CEC-59DDABB6D2A0.png
40A24D02-E5B5-4B66-A6DC-C1E78C700A52.png

You don't have to impress me! :)

I've been very clear about my fascination for heat wave synoptics, early detection in modeling and throughout the gestation of events over the years - just as sickly much so as wandering out in a dusty froth of 0 F cryo-hell in busy winds and whirling snow so heavy it's thunderstorm gray during mid day light. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wow

Truly spectacular high definition cinema vantage right there .. I suspect owes to the advantages of a rare tornado in that region of the world; the less threat-acclimated civility, not experienced enough to have fear and precaution ruin their vantage points - like through a window... or just getting a glimpse of it en route to interior cover before the door slams shut.   This guy ?  You can tell he's deer-stung mesmerized as he just stands there in the door jam mere feet from the egg-beater -

26 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Truly spectacular high definition cinema vantage right there .. I suspect owes to the advantages of a rare tornado in that region of the world; the less threat-acclimated civility, not experienced enough to have fear and precaution ruin their vantage points - like through a window... or just getting a glimpse of it en route to interior cover before the door slams shut.   This guy ?  You can tell he's deer-stung mesmerized as he just stands there in the door jam mere feet from the egg-beater -

You would think at some point basic human survival instincts would kick in regardless of experience. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You would think at some point basic human survival instincts would kick in regardless of experience. 

Sorta yeah, but humans are different?

"deer-stung" metaphor may be a bit of an irony in this sense, because Human curiosity - after all - gets us to the moon, where no other species on this planet exhibits and/or operates motivation, to satisfy discovery, so boldly. They are more at guided by built in primal fear triggers that avoid risk based on the corporeal senses of daunting sight, sound, smell..etc..  

That, right there in that movie - to me - smacks as just another frontier exploration, overcoming the instinct to "run from the thunder"  .  In short, he doesn't know any better; we benefit from a risky venture into a film making - lol.

Give 'im a few run ins with 1999 May on the south side of OKC, and we probably never would have seen this video made.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Glass breaking, standing where his toilet once sat… still filming 

• Haha 1