• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

New NAM FOUS grid would put lives in danger on Tuesday - bite me.

Lol.. .no I don't really care really but I do think the headlines out west are eclipsing a significant and impact event here.

This run screws the temp up to 32 C at 980 mb - basically at the top of the Prudential Tower - any guess what it is down on Government Ave while that's happening...  Worse yet, some pile driver boss of a crew sending up his roofers over in forkin' reve-ah.  

Probably 37 C out there along Rt 9 in Framingham waiting on one of those 5 minute red lights

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Lol.. .no I don't really care really but I do think the headlines out west are eclipsing a significant and impact event here.

This run screws the temp up to 32 C at 980 mb - basically at the top of the Prudential Tower - any guess what it is down on Government Ave while that's happening...  Worse yet, some pile driver boss of a crew sending up his roofers over in forkin' reve-ah.  

Probably 37 C out there along Rt 9 in Framingham waiting on one of those 5 minute red lights

It's hitting a weenie 100F at 2m for BOS on Wednesday. Could be a 3 day stretch of high heat. The 6/30 record at BOS is pretty vulnerable (95F).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I wish you’d speak upon thoughts on holiday weekend instead of roofers falling off houses like gypsy moths off trees from fungus 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Where the hell is government ave

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

19C at 850? Meh. 

Between the life threatening heat and popes tropical disturbance that may produce a 40 mph gust given conditions primed for “RI” ..I’m gonna be glued to the latest 

I do kid with Tip, I just don’t see HI’s above 103 or so ..so it’s kinda just another Summer with a hot day 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We’ve had days with temps in the upper 90s. I don’t think it’s anything out of the ordinary in terms of life threatening? I mean yeah if you are running a marathon sure. 

I wonder if models are overdoing the sfc mixing like in 2018. It wouldn't surprise me to see dews verify higher and temps a little lower...maybe 95/69 instead of a 99/61 deal.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just don’t understand why some people seem to think the op run is going to verify at day 6-7? In winter do we do that? There’s a great poster in the NYC forum Bluewave, that has been noting for years that the op models always underestimate the strength of the war. So for example in winter when we all get naked to a 12”-16” snowfall at the 40/70 at day 6-7,, it typically ends up west and we congrats you . It’s the same thing in summer only stronger. Why is it so hard to envision this being a warm humid, stormy one  day deal with either a weak fropa or maybe even the front just dissipates overhead? Why can’t that be another option at this range, especially with ensemble offering that as an option? I’m really trying to be more open minded and I don’t see why that’s not an option here?

It’s certainly an option, without a doubt.  I think most are talking about the same things or minor variation with different ways to describe it.  Someone might say 72/68 with rain showers isn’t a nice weekend but someone else could say it’s humid and summery.

Its hard to tell what folks mean when it’s all subjective.  I honestly don’t even know what you are saying with “why is it hard to envision a warm humid weekend?”  Is that 85/66?  Is it 70/70?  Subjective wording is hard to figure out.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s certainly an option, without a doubt.  I think most are talking about the same things or minor variation with different ways to describe it.  Someone might say 72/68 with rain showers isn’t a nice weekend but someone else could say it’s humid and summery.

Its hard to tell what folks mean when it’s all subjective.  I honestly don’t even know what you are saying with “why is it hard to envision a warm humid weekend?”  Is that 85/66?  Is it 70/70?  Subjective wording is hard to figure out.

I guess what I mean is I believe it’s more likely a 74/70 weekend with downpours than 52 with cold rain. And again. I could be wrong admittedly 

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I wonder if models are overdoing the sfc mixing like in 2018. It wouldn't surprise me to see dews verify higher and temps a little lower...maybe 95/69 instead of a 99/61 deal.

If we mix higher than sure it’s like 99/61 or something.  I’m just using an old man look at 850. 19-20C is high but the biggies had like 22C or higher.

24 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Between the life threatening heat and popes tropical disturbance that may produce a 40 mph gust given conditions primed for “RI” ..I’m gonna be glued to the latest 

I do kid with Tip, I just don’t see HI’s above 103 or so ..so it’s kinda just another Summer with a hot day 

Man up. Winter season is sooo much more exhausting than this.

Heat kills many more Americans per yr than TC’s. Probably should focus on the heat if you’re feeling overloaded by “hype “... 

• Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I guess what I mean is I believe it’s more likely a 74/70 weekend with downpours than 52 with cold rain. And again. I could be wrong admittedly 

Yeah I agree too, of those two options that’s more likely.  No one thinks it’s going to be 52F though and that’s hyperbole.  No run shows afternoons of low-50s lol.

If low 70s, humid and rain is a “win” then the bar is set sufficiently low.

55 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I'm not even arguing with y'all - that's what's funny about that. I dunno.  Seem like you guys have assumed an adversary in the debate ... like you need one. hahaha sorry, ain't me.

I never said the high temperature would be above the high 90s.  In fact, if we go back I said at the beginning that this was a non-hydrostatic expression of ridging more so than heat inside it, and that we are actually missing a critical inject from the SW in this.   ? 

I haven't changed that stance. 

As far as recent comments on the models - that's all they are...commenting what the model says. 

But, 97/71, which isn't a stretch in this ...plugged into CPC's own HI calculator is 105 -

that is life threatening to people that don't take it seriously.  There may be two discussion points here: one where I have been scapegoated lol, the other ( Scott ) needs to review HI standardizations are make fun of that.   J/k dude

Anyway, that's why they have advisories and warnings.  Not on me man -

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Truth be told it's 'marginal' for 'big heat' ... being of the 100 point variety.  But there are two metrics in play: scalar temp/DPs; apparent temp. 

I always thought of big heat cut off as 95 - but it's a social media vernacular ....It's like torch - wtf does that really mean.  Anything anyone does not want in terms of warm is a torch - got it. 

So semantic this or that, just going by numbers, Scott's not wrong per se. But, it would only take a couple ticks and then we get into the gray area with HI and shit.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I wish you’d speak upon thoughts on holiday weekend instead of roofers falling off houses like gypsy moths off trees from fungus 

I haven't really looked very much at it to be blunt.  This heat event the foreground/ .. leading to was a bit more compelling.

Should we gin up a tropical thread ? 

There's also a small cyclone that's organized farther east along the same trough axis that host 96L, ..out around 70W/28.5 N - which must to the chagrin of others, does have enough oceanic space to act.  haha...  that would funny. For now it doesn't have much llv coupled oceanic circulation evidence, but neither did 96 L this time yesterday. 

Also, man 95 L looks good.  wouldn't it be early to see a CV system - that's interesting.

All topics that could go in a tropic threat for disco -

13 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

that's still a pile of crap....good luck to towns trying to do fireworks

That’s kind of what I’m thinking in deciding to go hang with the parents in CT or stay up here and go to BBQs and fireworks.

I mean if it’s raining, floating on the lake sounds less fun, evening campfires aren’t happening, hanging out grilling on the deck, etc.  Rain is what matters… less than temps.

If it’s raining more often than not in a showery regime it’s not like the weekend holds promise because the dew is 70F.  The weekend depends on dry.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm not even arguing with y'all - that's what's funny about that. I dunno.  Seem like you guys have assumed an adversary in the debate ... like you need one. hahaha sorry, ain't me.

I never said the high temperature would be above the high 90s.  In fact, if we go back I said at the beginning that this was a non-hydrostatic expression of ridging more so than heat inside it, and that we are actually missing a critical inject from the SW in this.   ? 

I haven't changed that stance. 

As far as recent comments on the models - that's all they are...commenting what the model says. 

But, 97/71, which isn't a stretch in this ...plugged into CPC's own HI calculator is 105 -

that is life threatening to people that don't take it seriously.  There may be two discussion points here: one where I have been scapegoated lol, the other ( Scott ) needs to review HI standardizations are make fun of that.   J/k dude

Anyway, that's why they have advisories and warnings.  Not on me man -

Lol I’m not trying to say it isn’t dangerous if we truly have that heat. For me I’d like to see higher 850 temps. JMHO. Maybe we mix to the moon.