• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

I can't even think about how crappy this would be!! Looks like the low in death valley was 104 last night!! 

Jun 10:00 am 114     NW 15G18     
18 Jun 9:00 am 112 41 9 WNW 11G14    0.00
18 Jun 8:00 am 111 40 9 SE CALM   0.00
18 Jun 7:00 am 109 41 10 NE 5G11    0.00
18 Jun 6:00 am 104 37 10 NE 2G9    0.00
18 Jun 5:00 am 104 35 9 ENE 4G5    0.00
18 Jun 4:00 am 104 37 10 SW CALM   0.00
18 Jun 3:00 am 108

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Needs a touch of stain.

Annually!  That thing gets worked at near 4kft and exposed fully to wind from like 270 degrees around the dial.

I don’t believe it got it last summer though with the COVID stuff (bigger things to worry about than the picnic tables and deck, ha), so that’s two winters of wear and tear.

• Like 2

Does a car struggle in that kind of heat? Is there less power? I would think the ac would have a hard time keeping up. Imagine a black car outside turned off with the windows up in that heat. The inside would probably melt. 

It did ok, my eyes kept wondering to the temp gauge. The AC might have struggle but we did not notice since even 85 felt better than 120 lol

Trying to remain optimistic about tomorrow’s severe chances but I’m not loving the trends. Hopefully the morning convection doesn’t screw us...I feel like so many potential days for good severewx is ruined by early morning convection. Those storms across Iowa/Indiana are cranking right now. The cell west of Peoria is warned for tennis ball sized hail. :o

At 1207 AM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located near Fairview, or 10 miles northwest of Canton, moving
southeast at 25 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado and tennis ball size hail.

6 hours ago, KoalaBeer said:

Trying to remain optimistic about tomorrow’s severe chances but I’m not loving the trends. Hopefully the morning convection doesn’t screw us...I feel like so many potential days for good severewx is ruined by early morning convection. Those storms across Iowa/Indiana are cranking right now. The cell west of Peoria is warned for tennis ball sized hail. :o

At 1207 AM CDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located near Fairview, or 10 miles northwest of Canton, moving
southeast at 25 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado and tennis ball size hail.

Nice--that'll cause some windshield issues.

15 hours ago, powderfreak said:

63F and a bit muggy at the picnic tables… haze and high clouds too.  Flesh devouring bugs too.

057F88E7-7F8C-4829-9895-1394867C13D9.thumb.jpeg.1f4f604322b984e2bed0ff76385a4ba9.jpeg

Yeah ...looks like they're so veracious in their hunger they've mistaken identity and are etching that decking and scab colored picnic tables for blood meals.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...looks like they're so veracious in their hunger they've mistaken identity and are etching that decking and scab colored picnic tables for blood meals.

As I match said picnic tables and deck the voracious ones have made their mark. I with the deck and tables facing a beautiful vista of verdant green will consider table, deck and me …… rustic. As always …… 

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Finally got a nice drink last night.  Pretty good claps of thunder too, nice Nocturnal storm vibes.

0.90” in the Stratus this morning.  Wasn’t expecting that.

not to be a wise-ass but ...no one does?

This stein stuff is all fun ( and dumb ) but gardens and neighborhoods eventually do gully-wash by either afternoon air mass deals, or .. more meso-beta scale by that sort of noctural cyclic stuff.  I looked at your rad over night and there were three cells amid a rad cenama that lasted for a couple of hours, and these sort of scaled events are too discrete for models -

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not to be a wise-ass but ...no one does?

This stein stuff is all fun ( and dumb ) but gardens and neighborhoods eventually do gully-wash by either afternoon air mass deals, or .. more meso-beta scale by that sort of noctural cyclic stuff.  I looked at your rad over night and there were three cells amid a rad cenama that lasted for a couple of hours, and these sort of scaled events are too discrete for models -

Haha you’re right… those always come with a “wasn’t expecting the inner gauge to be almost full this morning.”

Models won’t show those pixels of 0.75-1” amid a larger 0.1-0.4 shield.

I guess it was more the overnight loud boomers at like 2-3am that knocked power out based on the flashing clocks this morning that woke me up… sort of like was that thunder?  Then another one crashes and yup, yes it was.

41 minutes ago, tamarack said:

A bit better than the 0.08" that fell here 6:30-7:30 this AM.

It doubled our June rainfall tally.  I’m at 1.78” now.  Had been under an inch so far.  Can tell it’s dry as the river didn’t change at all, rains almost an inch and can’t tell.  Still very low flow.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like a cool  down Wednesday and Thursday with some warmth and dews returning Friday and for quite awhile as a front hangs up on the East Coast. It doesn’t look like big heat, but general summer time warmth and humidity. 

Can we 'Bahama blue' ?

I love that type of pattern.   83/77 with streets of training/narrow glaciators that choke rain for 2 minutes.  Brilliant white TCU against frankly, a blue tinted sky that rivals anything you see in a Canadian October delivery -

I mean the sack-sticking stink of it sucks but it's pure conveyor from Nassau

• Like 1