Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
June, 2021 Discussion

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Raul was

88922dc5bd0b9449145aa98304d29124.jpg

I see 124F for a reported high from the coop. What's the 127F from? I think the visitors center was around 121F too.

...Cooperative Station...
 High and low temperature since midnight...
 precipitation for the 24 hours ending at 5 pm PDT

.BR VEF 0615 P DH17/TAIRZX/TAIRZN/PPDRZZ/SFDRZZ/SDIRZZ
 :
 : ...Southeast California...
 :                              Obs        Max   Min    24-Hr  Snow   Snow
 :Id     Station         Elev   Time       Temp  Temp   Pcpn   Fall   Depth
 DEVC1 : Death Valley NP -194 : DH151646/  124 /  88 /  0.00 /  0.0 /    0

• Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Miami and now Europe? WTF.

Business trip and now going to see family she hasn't seen in a year and a half.  Vaccination and restrictions ending, she gone :lol:.

On another note though, it is pretty crazy to me that despite how far away our weather seems from BOS sometimes, in exactly 3 hours on the dot I can go from my driveway in Stowe to Logan Airport's departures ring.  The interstate system is absolutely amazing.  I-89 to I-93, so easy.  It takes me another full hour to get to Albany than it does to go to Boston, because half of it is country routes.  No wonder Stowe feels like a Boston suburb sometimes... it's just a quick jaunt to the interstate, and then drive on cruise control for 3 hours until you pass TD Garden.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Business trip and now going to see family she hasn't seen in a year and a half.  Vaccination and restrictions ending, she gone :lol:.

On another note though, it is pretty crazy to me that despite how far away our weather seems from BOS sometimes, in exactly 3 hours on the dot I can go from my driveway in Stowe to Logan Airport's departures ring.  The interstate system is absolutely amazing.  I-89 to I-93, so easy.  It takes me another full hour to get to Albany than it does to go to Boston.  No wonder Stowe feels like a Boston suburb sometimes... it's just one quick road to the interstate, and then drive on cruise control for 3 hours until you pass TD Garden.

Nice!  I drove into Boston for an interview during rush hour once from Rockport. It took about the same time. Maybe 15 minutes quicker. 

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

On another note though, it is pretty crazy to me that despite how far away our weather seems from BOS sometimes, in exactly 3 hours on the dot I can go from my driveway in Stowe to Logan Airport's departures ring.  The interstate system is absolutely amazing.  I-89 to I-93, so easy.  It takes me another full hour to get to Albany than it does to go to Boston, because half of it is country routes.  No wonder Stowe feels like a Boston suburb sometimes... it's just a quick jaunt to the interstate, and then drive on cruise control for 3 hours until you pass TD Garden.

Yep. It’s true. Closer than you think. What did you think of all that development by The Garden? Not sure when you were down here last time, but impressive in that whole area how much they developed. 

20 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Nice!  I drove into Boston for an interview during rush hour once from Rockport. It took about the same time. Maybe 15 minutes quicker. 

Took about 15 minutes longer heading home with some traffic on 93 out of Boston around that 4pm time frame.  I thought it would've been much worse.  But I still give all of you a lot of credit who deal with that stuff on a daily basis.  My daily drive is literally two songs long on the radio.  It's exciting driving 85 with traffic in a 4-wide gauntlet.

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. It’s true. Closer than you think. What did you think of all that development by The Garden? Not sure when you were down here last time, but impressive in that whole area how much they developed. 

Noticed that.  Cranes and new building advertisements.  It's good city real estate, Boston is definitely on the up and up.  I love the city.  We usually go to Montreal (2 hours to the large international airport) but Boston feels similar in size, despite having 50% of the population compared to Montreal.  Montreal traffic with 1.8 million people can be very bad at the wrong time too.  The big difference is all the people in the suburbs.  Canada doesn't have that, ha!

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Noticed that.  Cranes and new building advertisements.  It's good city real estate, Boston is definitely on the up and up.  I love the city.  We usually go to Montreal (2 hours to the large international airport) but Boston feels similar in size, despite having 50% of the population compared to Montreal.  Montreal traffic with 1.8 million people can be very bad at the wrong time too.  The big difference is all the people in the suburbs.  Canada doesn't have that, ha!

Montreal has always felt much bigger to me. Your statement got me wondering so I checked. There are some big suburbs around Montreal.  The city itself has a population of something like 1.7 million while the metro area is 4 million. I’ve really only been in the south shore suburbs like Longueuil, it’s population is 240,000 while Laval, north of the city has a population of 422,000.