Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

2013 was May 25th I think? 

ORH high temp through 11am is 44F. Wonder if they can keep it 46F or colder. Prob not but if they did, this would be the latest date on record for a high that cold. 

High temp is still 44F. Pretty impressive actually. I figured it would make it a few degrees higher during the peak insolation but it hasn’t happened. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a day it turned out to be.  Absolutely beautiful afternoon.

Town is packed.

AEEAE1A3-9943-4264-B464-255E36D9A6F0.thumb.jpeg.b2354fb3c9238f706a5115f88a0b8a85.jpeg

Wow, what a Gorgeous picture.  Truly beautiful. 

I remember you sent the same view last fall when the foliage was at peak..I think I screenshotted it too, cuz it was that stunning. 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow, what a Gorgeous picture.  Truly beautiful. 

I remember you sent the same view last fall when the foliage was at peak..I think I screenshotted it too, cuz it was that stunning. 

Yeah it’s one of my routes around the hill with the dog.  Nosedive ski trail, great view up there.

Dog also just found a patch of snow, ha.

DF9A8DBA-70C3-4F06-9F6C-C1A64B417569.jpeg.42a13bb0b1bb015ba8d501d3a6d68c77.jpeg

• Like 5

ORH back down to 43. So the high is going to be 44 unless it warms during the evening. That obliterates the old daily record of 51 and also is the latest date on record for a sub-45 high. Old record was 5/26/67 when the high was 41 (it also snowed on that day in 1967). 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

ORH back down to 43. So the high is going to be 44 unless it warms during the evening. That obliterates the old daily record of 51 and also is the latest date on record for a sub-45 high. Old record was 5/26/67 when the high was 41 (it also snowed on that day in 1967). 

Is that the latest ever snow for ORH? 

48 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We’re stuck at 47. When we were out running errands earlier the temp, wind and sheet drizzle was an abomination. Just awful. 

D5 thru 10 of the Euro is above to substantially above normal T with gaining DP through the period.

Hang on summer enthusiasts - this is but a 1 step back along a 2 step forward sort of progression it would seem ... I've also noticed some 'sloshing' in the 12z versus 00z runs...the 12z's seem more dome manifold but the 00z's try to impose little ...almost like convective induce vort shrapnel, and turns them into actual ablative S/Ws... Not sure which is right.

Truth be told, it was unusually to have strung 80s with lollies to 91 or 94 like that. So..., I almost wonder if the 10 mean will be almost average actually. - I wonder.

But, there is a GEFs agreement with a plummeting PNA.. .which is also neutralized NAO.   The latter may actually be the more important at this time of year ( longer term correlative scope..) but...you have to go by the in situ reality ...and the hemisphere is still fast with identifiable R-wave nodes so it's likely the weight of the falling PNA is more telling. 

The Euro ends up finally relaxing the flow more - ironically ...But it sort of leaves the set up in a big ridge /+AAM look with nothing after to settle it back ...that's mutable but we'll see. 

Beneficial rain continue tomorrow at the possible sacrifice of a Little League ballparks strash can partially submerged next to that eager low-land stream they put those facilities next too. I swear, they do that so that emptied ketchup packs float out to 2nd base.  

But we should then be over seasonal norms in rain with 0 justification ... offense punishable by permanent banning if anyone says the f'um name Stein again for any reason ... but we dream -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Remember when some said Saturday afternoon would be fine, what a disaster weekend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Is that the latest ever snow for ORH? 

Yes officially. There was apparently snow in June earlier in the 1800s two different times before records. One of them was during the 1816 summer (year without a summer) and I think the other was in the 1830s but I’d have to double check my ginxy Dead Sea scroll sources again to be sure. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Remember when some said Saturday afternoon would be fine, what a disaster weekend

Some tried as hard as possible to wish it away, but the charts know.  We also all knew synoptically what very high moisture levels on NE winds mean in SNE... misty, low cloud deck, etc.

Impressive it looks like even BDL is staying below 50F... those are some steady NE winds even as far back as BDL, 15-20mph.

• Like 1