George BM

April Discobs 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Paleocene said:

I think this has been one of the best april's in my memory for the inner burbs. Not hot, not too wet, decent amount of sun. 10/10

No kidding it has been great!  Now up to 15 straight days of 60-plus for highs at DCA, and 26 out of the last 29 going back into March.  Best spring I can remember in a long time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a decent slug of moisture to the SW of DC. It's drifting NW and holding together for now. Might be a wet morning for the DC area and to the east. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snowfan said:

This turned out to be quite the crappy day so far

Indeed. Sun's been trying to break through for the past couple of hours with mixed success, but it still feels damp outside...tried opening the window for some fresh air, but still too cool (for me) at 62 with a light breeze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some clearing here now after clouds and showers earlier. 0.22".

Temp up to 55. Was 52 before the sun came out. March day for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebounded nicely to sunny and 60 after rain until about 1ish. Toes were chilly in sandals so def doesn’t meet my benchmarks for great spring day, but we got to take what we can get these days

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a bit of storm potential with the cold front passing thru Wednesday late afternoon/evening? Looks like at least some wind advisories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, r3w said:

Maybe a bit of storm potential with the cold front passing thru Wednesday late afternoon/evening? Looks like at least some wind advisories.

      check out the severe thread.    The front is probably going through in the early afternoon, and there is some severe potential (mitigated somewhat by limited instability), but some guidance has the frontal passage in the late morning which would really limit the threat.    Regardless, as you note, regardless of the timing of the front, the winds are going to howl behind it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if we could get rid of the cool breeze, it wouldn't have been too bad the last few days. but man, sitting out at the baseball field for rec games for the kiddo has been chilly, both Saturday and last evening. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful day today...gotta enjoy it today cuz the next couple maybe not so much...Tomorrow morning should be nice but verbatim the 3K NAM has those showers/storms whipping thru right around 1PM with a temp drop from 68 to 45 in 1 hour lol. Will likely get breezy too and Thursday should be pretty darn cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mappy said:

if we could get rid of the cool breeze, it wouldn't have been too bad the last few days. but man, sitting out at the baseball field for rec games for the kiddo has been chilly, both Saturday and last evening. 

Yep...back home now but down OC Saturday was very chilly, couldnt really sit outside and do too much comfortably. Sunday was better though, could actually sit outside and enjoy a beer and lunch away from the water. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Beautiful day today...gotta enjoy it today cuz the next couple maybe not so much...Tomorrow morning should be nice but verbatim the 3K NAM has those showers/storms whipping thru right around 1PM with a temp drop from 68 to 45 in 1 hour lol. Will likely get breezy too and Thursday should be pretty darn cool

Son has a game at 8pm. So tired of the frozen toes. Def been some chilly nights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m camping at Big Meadows tonight and the wind is already really gusty. Should be ripping hood from the south in the morning pre cold front. We are hoping to get a hike in before the front, But it may be a brewery and distillery day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m camping at Big Meadows tonight and the wind is already really gusty. Should be ripping hood from the south in the morning pre cold front. We are hoping to get a hike in before the front, But it may be a brewery and distillery day.

The howling wind will make it hard to hear the bears, bobcats, and timber rattler outside your tent. That sucks. 

:)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, snowfan said:

The howling wind will make it hard to hear the bears, bobcats, and timber rattler outside your tent. That sucks. 

:)

If it was me there and I just read this, I’d be sleeping in my car tonight. :weep:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonnacover plants.  Is this our new winter In spring like last year. Snow close like May10 or 9 last year?

2 months back to back below average usually happen but just gotta get it to cycle right for Jan and Feb, so once every 5 years which is kinda  how DC has worked around me since 1976.Big snow and/or big cold every 4/5 years 

1977,1979,82,83,87,93,94,96,03,06,09,10,14,16

3/4 are cold more than snow and the real monsters  like 79,83,93,,96,03,09,10 works out to more like 1 in 7 

 

.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, snowfan said:

The howling wind will make it hard to hear the bears, bobcats, and timber rattler outside your tent. That sucks. 

:)

 

7 hours ago, nj2va said:

If it was me there and I just read this, I’d be sleeping in my car tonight. :weep:

I’m not ashamed to admit that I woke up a couple of times during the night and thought that something was running over the tent. It’s off and on roaring now.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was surprised how windy it was yesterday and now have to get ready for more wind

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, H2O said:

Was surprised how windy it was yesterday and now have to get ready for more wind

40 mph gusts later on top of incredible CAA......  :yikes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Denver has been a jackpot of snow for months on end. 5 inches yesterday my daughter said,  and all the cold from the - AO the last 4 months spent the entire winter way out West. 

Look at this, wow ! 

tenday.gif

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.