• Member Statistics

    16,619
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    City Central
    Newest Member
    City Central
    Joined
George BM

April Discobs 2021

Recommended Posts

Temperatures shall rise.

Humidity shall rise. 

The sun-angle shall rise.

Bugs <_< ... shall rise.

...

That's after the coming cold shot, of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A snowy day is forecast for the mountains.  LWX going with 2-4” for Garrett, W Grant and W Pendleton Cos.  PBZ going with 3-5” for Davis/ E Tucker Co.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rain. just rain. not a single mangled melted snowflake. just rain. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mappy said:

rain. just rain. not a single mangled melted snowflake. just rain. 

I heard it hitting the windows and thought it might have been sleet.  Nope.  Just really thick drops of water.  It wasn't snow that fell thousands of feet only to melt instantly.  My spring flowers are loving the rain and only rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, H2O said:

I heard it hitting the windows and thought it might have been sleet.  Nope.  Just really thick drops of water.  It wasn't snow that fell thousands of feet only to melt instantly.  My spring flowers are loving the rain and only rain.

April showers brings May flowers!

Seems like you have to be pretty far west to see snow, or up north in central to northern PA. Fine by me, they can have it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WBAL showed traffic cams from somewhere in MD with snow on the grass and snow falling. I couldn’t hear the location. Presumably northern Frederick or Carroll county.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

WBAL showed traffic cams from somewhere in MD with snow on the grass and snow falling. I couldn’t hear the location. Presumably northern Frederick or Carroll county.

Frostburg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr with some convective possible SS later in far nw areas .

 

hrrr-dc-refc_ptype-7303600.png

And more overnight SS

 

hrrr-dc-refc_ptype-7339600.png

Rt 15 corridor north of FDK will probably have some flakes flying at times today. Mix in the lower elevations, but Camp David and the ridges will probably get a brush of white. Pretty stout little trough over the NE today. Thicknesses were 516-520 down into PA. Pretty remarkable for this time of year. I always welcome little blasts of cool before the inferno kicks in. At the same time, it's this time of year I like temps perfect for sunroof open and baseball on the radio ^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr with some convective possible SS later in far nw areas .

 

hrrr-dc-refc_ptype-7303600.png

 

             The freezing levels are really low, so I'm pretty sure that any heavier cores like that would put down some hail or graupel here in the metro areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, high risk said:

             The freezing levels are really low, so I'm pretty sure that any heavier cores like that would put down some hail or graupel here in the metro areas.

so not snow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.