Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2021 General Discussion

Spartman

9 hours ago, nwohweather said:

I cannot stop laughing watching Tigers opening day. A little chilly (63) here with full sunshine, but haha I do not miss opening day's such as these in Detroit. Just pounding Bailey's and coffee in a parking lot just to not shiver for 3 and a half hours in Comerica. 

It's part of the experience lol. Opening day usually seems to fall on a cold sometimes snowy day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Snow flurries and snow showers all day today. Picked up 0.1" here and DTW however some of the northeast suburbs got as much as 1 to 3" in a heavy band last night. Very interesting scenes during opening day, must have felt brutally cold inside a ballpark with wind chills in teens.

966299fb-598b-475d-8e5a-8b8959e0cd00-GTY

Cabrera homering in the snow is kinda cool, no pun intended 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Cabrera homering in the snow is kinda cool, no pun intended 

it really was! Flakes fell most of the game but that homer was the heaviest snow, the outfielders could not see anything and after miggy hit it he did not realize it was a home run (since it bounced off the top of the wall) because he could not see it.

13 hours ago, frostfern said:

GFS has gone back to the backdoor cold front BS in the long range... like the Euro.  Elevated convection with the WAA will probably happen at some point, but who knows if the real warm sector ever makes it here.

Seems to be consistently 200+ hours out, like those fantasy long range arctic outbreaks it shows during the winter. 

5 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Seems to be consistently 200+ hours out, like those fantasy long range arctic outbreaks it shows during the winter. 

Problem is it's the ECMWF too.  I wouldn't call it "arctic", just snooze-fest crap where the warm front is close enough to cause clouds, but pushed south by easterlies from Canada.

5 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

21 at DTW this morning. Yesterday's dusting of snow had melted/sublimated...but I suspect some.of the rural spots that had remaining snowcover in the thumb were well into the low teens. DTX White Lake hit 14!

I still have snow in the shade at my house.

• Like 3

I had an interesting afternoon with it being partly sunny at the start, then dark and overcast looking like the chance of showers was going to deliver. However nothing fell and now its cleared with full sun! Got to 50F.

When was the last time (anywhere in this sub) that both March and April were not just slightly above normal, but solidly? Unrelated, the latest euro 240h frame can gtfo!

44 minutes ago, WeatherMonger said:

Apologies for not knowing where to post, but can you imagine 47 years ago and no access to models or Meso Discussions...

There are those of us that remember living pre-internet with no problem at all. You young whipper-snappers. Get off of my lawn!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WeatherMonger said:

Apologies for not knowing where to post, but can you imagine 47 years ago and no access to models or Meso Discussions...

Screenshot_20210403-213150_Facebook.thumb.jpg.54d19ad5b74b66519b8aa15152389b22.jpg

My aunt's house was destroyed in this one but she survived. I saw a different one near Cincinnati on that day from a distance of 1-2 miles... Awesome...