Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The barefoot hikers are what get me... damn hiking several thousand of vertical feet barefoot on rugged hiking trails.  The pads of their feet must be smoked.  Either that or they now look like my dogs pads.

As someone who once used to run barefoot for considerable distances, you'd be surprised how quickly your feet get tough. 

• Like 1

The U.S really needs to step up fighting all these malware attacks. They are starting to attack medical facilities now and critical infrastructure. The Chemotherapy machines have been down for 2 weeks at Yale New Haven hospital after and recent attack. I remember reading the hospital in Burlington VT was like completely crippled last year from one. 

I read that almost all of them are originating from Russia and many think Russia is directly involved. I read their official stance on it is as long as you don't attack anything in Russia you can do what you want.

Just now, BrianW said:

The U.S really needs to step up fighting all these malware attacks. They are starting to attack medical facilities now and critical infrastructure. The Chemotherapy machines have been down for 2 weeks at Yale New Haven hospital after and recent attack. I remember reading the hospital in Burlington VT was like completely crippled last year from one. 

I read that almost all of them are originating from Russia and many think Russia is directly involved. I read their official stance on it is as long as you don't attack anything in Russia you can do what you want.

same thing happened with car emissions 

33 minutes ago, radarman said:

When I heard the CDC was coming out with relaxed guidelines yesterday I was really hoping they'd say I can have my steak medium rare.   Maybe some day

Lol

lots of CDC guidelines are a little whack a doodle. I can’t get into it here by no means, no how. Not in a million years no. 
But, as an MD I can say without a doubt that the CDC guidelines for risk factors associated with certain activities for a certain virus are waayyyy overblown. 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

What a night. I was there for game 7 against the Habs and lightning. 

I went to game 1 against Montreal with Ray. Met Ray at a bar at like 6:15...pounded down 7 or 8 beers in 45-minutes, stumbled to the game, used the women's bathroom by mistake, then I got onto the wrong T-line trying to get back home...and Bruins lost 2-0 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Just for informational purposes. 
The analogy to mask wearing to be equated with going into a store barefoot isn’t a good one. Masks are mandated by the state and feds. So stores really have no choice, even if they don’t enforce it.  
However, there’s no law nor ordinance nor mandate in any state nor fed that says you can’t go in barefoot. The business may say you can’t, but there’s no law. I have a friend who is an ardent barefooter and they have  this whole society and culture that research this stuff. They have whole forums that are devoted to where they can get away with going barefoot. They take it as serious as James takes a 360 hr GFS run that shows a cape blizzard. 
(just kidding James)

Could you walk down your street with no clothes on?

34 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Yup. As a little kid, I was always barefoot. Now, as a grown a$$ man, if I step on a pebble barefoot, I crumble like a house of cards. 

Ditto. I actually found running barefoot cured my chronic fasciitis. My arch got much higher and all the little muscles in my toes developed. I gave it up when I moved to Boston though. Didn't want to pick up a parasite jogging through hobo shite or something worse.

17 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Could you walk down your street with no clothes on?

In Vermont yes.  You can’t take your clothes off in front of people (stripping) but if you leave your house or car in the nude you are free to do so.

I remember some 20-something year old girls were nude in front of a school in Montpelier (?) as they walked around town, and police couldn’t do anything while parents lost their shit.

“Vermont's flip-floppy attitude on public nudity can confound newcomers who learn that, though it's legal to be naked in public, it's illegal to get naked there. Vermonters can let it all hang out outdoors — provided "it" was already hanging out when they left their home, car or place of employment.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

In Vermont yes.  You can’t take your clothes off in front of people (stripping) but if you leave your house or car in the nude you are free to do so.

UVM students have long had a tradition of a naked bike ride through the city of Burlington... perfectly legal.

I remember some 20-something year old girls were nude in front of a school in Montpelier (?) as they walked around town, and police couldn’t do anything

“Vermont's flip-floppy attitude on public nudity can confound newcomers who learn that, though it's legal to be naked in public, it's illegal to get naked there. Vermonters can let it all hang out outdoors — provided "it" was already hanging out when they left their home, car or place of employment.”

Ah so I can get butt naked at work, drive 6hrs up 91, and walk around the streets of BTV...as long as I was naked before I stepped out my vehicle. Do they need pics to prove when I took it off?

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ah so I can get butt naked at work, drive 6hrs up 91, and walk around the streets of BTV...as long as I was naked before I stepped out my vehicle. Do they need pics to prove when I took it off?

Ha nope, just as long as no one sees you disrobing.  You are free to wander naked through downtown BTV.  I mean, that’s why I moved up here.  That and that it’s legal to pass cars even with a double yellow line.  Tons of weird obscure laws up here.

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

You used to see videos of people on YouTube or social media who are "trying to stick it to the man" and not wear a mask while entering like a Bed Bath and Beyond... brave souls just looking for a confrontation with anyone.  It was always weird to me because you are basically trying to get into an argument with some minimum wage employee who had literally nothing to do with the decision to make you put a mask on.  Like I dare that high schooler working part time after school tell me to put my mask on.  

It’s getting worse than that now. When you have this clown spewing trash on a network viewed by millions where 70% have some college experience or less...it’s troubling:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

My friend doesn’t care. She’ll go barefoot anywhere. :lol:

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The barefoot hikers are what get me... damn hiking several thousand of vertical feet barefoot on rugged hiking trails.  The pads of their feet must be smoked.  Either that or they now look like my dogs pads.

Once in a while I'll watch a little of the survival show Naked and Afraid.  Swear to god the first thing I would do is try and fashion some sort of shoes to wear.  There are always some sort of pucker brush, thorns or sharp rocks they have to walk over.  Build some shoes idiots!

4 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I applaud the CDC decision. Not sure what the point is here. I still reccomend people wear masks in close proximity out of respect, if you don't know who is vaccinated. Simple respect. 

You give too much credit to a wishy washy Govt organization.  Just look at their thinking on Lyme Disease over the years. There was a time when Drs diagnosing Lyme disease were unlicensed based on CDC recommendations.  They always have been a shit organization to me

Sorry but your faith in the bureaucracy is a helluva lot stronger than mine will ever be. Shit a bunch of us non scientists of viral infection were screaming last spring that the outside rules were ludicrous and anti scientific. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You give too much credit to a wishy washy Govt organization.  Just look at their thinking on Lyme Disease over the years. There was a time when Drs diagnosing Lyme disease were unlicensed based on CDC recommendations.  They always have been a shit organization to me

Sorry but your faith in the bureaucracy is a helluva lot stronger than mine will ever be. Shit a bunch of us non scientists of viral infection were screaming last spring that the outside rules were ludicrous and anti scientific. 

Yes, and I blame them for the testing fiasco. They’ve had 15 months to validate and standardize the Covid test. They haven’t done shyte. The CDC needs to be taken out of the political purview. They gave some good scientists down there but the leadership for years has been abysmal. 
The FDA has a political appointee to lead it, but for some reason they seem to be less so than the CDC. Part of it is the FDA has outside scientists that review applications. If anything the FDA is a little too conservative. But they generally have to be for safety sake.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

CDC is a “government agency” with a lot of ties to private corporate interests. 

• Like 1

It's just amazing how many people blindly follow what the government says, no questions asked. 

A family member of mine is an arborist, and he's had people come out of their million dollar houses in the SWellesley area and berate him while he's 70' up in a tree on ropes with a chain saw.....to put a mask on...and it happens all the time. Ummm no. 

• Confused 1