joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Just got my second shot!!!

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Second moderna on Thursday.... told my boss not to expect me Friday.

Mine is May 7

2 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

If you hydrate you should have no issues

Not true

The 1st shot kicked my ass even though u drank alot.

48 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Outdoor masking was always stupid. It did help to identify those that should be avoided, however. When you saw people masked up and standing in their little six foot bubbles in an outdoor space you knew right away they were wackadoodles. 

Whats the point of wearing a mask outside ?

12 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

LLKKF

Not bad , just a while till they get to actual production (years ) and lots of funding issues can arise in those years . I am also cautious of Canadian government being favorable Business wise for public Companies . I’ve seen some instances with mining in Quebec where a public company does a lot of the initial work to prepare a mine and then when they need a crucial round of funding the government sort of restricts that and steps in for pennies on dollar and privatizes . At least that is the word with some of the Canadian miners in early stages 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yes it will.

Not sure why, but it makes me actually angry to see people outside by themselves, wearing it. I know they can do what they want and its no business of mine of they want to keep doing it until the second coming. But for some reason it triggers me. I know it shouldn't. I think maybe I feel more sorry for them than anything because they are that frightened. No body should be that afraid.

same here. I'm actually yelling in my car because of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

26 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That's part of it for me. The other issue for me is that a big part of human interaction is face to face. We get so many ques from facial expressions. A smile, a frown, etc. Its how we recognize one another as a human and interact. For the last year, people have been a faceless automatons. And some cultures use face coverings in a not so good way.

I also wouldn't be as triggered if I thought they did any good. Don't want to hash that again, but its my opinion and I'm sticking to it :)

I'm with you 100% on the face mask outdoors.  I'd only do it on a busier trail or something and never out of fear but from trying to be courteous or what my friend calls as "you're being too nice."  As he says, if everyone was just super nice to each other we'd quickly lose all rights to everything.  He thinks we as a society needs to have more of an a$$hole mentality as that's what keeps personal rights around.  Not going along with every little thing out of niceness and caring for your neighbor.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm with you 100% on the face mask outdoors.  I'd only do it on a busier trail or something and never out of fear but from trying to be courteous or what my friend calls as "you're being too nice."  As he says, if everyone was just super nice to each other we'd quickly lose all rights to everything.  He thinks we as a society needs to have more of an a$$hole mentality as that's what keeps personal rights around.  Not going along with every little thing out of niceness and caring for your neighbor.

certainly seemed to work for the a-hole guys in HS and college in picking up all the hot girls

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

certainly seemed to work for the a-hole guys in HS and college in picking up all the hot girls

Ain't that the truth. I wasn't an A-hole, per se. And I spent most of my time in the math, biology, and chemistry wing in HS, and I never had the makings of a varsity athlete (ode to Uncle Joon there, some will get the reference). 

For some reason, I never had a problem in college. 

Funny thing. The hot girls in high school who were the biggest B%*tchs and the worst of the worst, spout a ton of churchy, Christian stuff on facebook now that they are 50 plus Yo. Certainly weren't christ like then.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Ha yeah the nice guy rarely finishes first.  Even my wife wishes I was more opinionated or felt strongly about topics (can’t let her meet some on here). I just go along with life... I’m alive, can make ends meet and spend a lot of time outside on a giant pile of rocks.  What more can you want out of life?  :lol:.

• Like 1

US Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said on CBS This Morning that people who are vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to return to a more normal lifestyle.
"The message is clear. You're vaccinated, guess what, you get to return to a more normal lifestyle. If you're not vaccinated, you're still a danger. You're still in danger as well," Becerra said. "So get vaccinated."

Millions of people are already balking at getting a 2nd shot because the first one made them feel awful.   I doubt we ever get past 60% of the population fully vaccinated.  Less than that when they start calling for a 3rd shot as a booster.

Vaccine passports coming soon? 

• Like 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:
US Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said on CBS This Morning that people who are vaccinated against Covid-19 will be able to return to a more normal lifestyle.
"The message is clear. You're vaccinated, guess what, you get to return to a more normal lifestyle. If you're not vaccinated, you're still a danger. You're still in danger as well," Becerra said. "So get vaccinated."

Carrot and stick

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Millions of people are already balking at getting a 2nd shot because the first one made them feel awful.   I doubt we ever get past 60% of the population fully vaccinated.  Less than that when they start calling for a 3rd shot as a booster.

Vaccine passports coming soon? 

glad the govt is telling me I can return to normal now. I don't know what I would do without them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2