• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    imanfp
    Newest Member
    imanfp

Monday Morning 2/22 Snow Event

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Seems like the HRRR has take  some steps back south of the MD/PA line over the last few runs. Good luck in Timonium, it’s right on the fall line so better chance up there than for me. I’ll be lucky to see a few mangled flakes and a few sleet pellets over this way. 

Does anything show us NOT starting as snow though? Accumulation prob not, but I think mod-heavy white rain is a lock.

3 minutes ago, T. August said:

Does anything show us NOT starting as snow though? Accumulation prob not, but I think mod-heavy white rain is a lock.

It’s pretty close on the HRRR and some mesos. The low dew points is what’s saving us for that potential. Though southerly flow is supposed to be screaming up as precip starts so it’s a pretty darn fine line. I think people deff on the fall line and west should see snow but I’m still skeptical about much particularly for me and areas by the bay 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

And now winds are suddenly screaming.  Was dead still 1 minute ago?  And out of the south.  That can't be good.

That's what happens with a low to the NW and a high to the east. You will be ok out there. That strong sw flow aloft is partly responsible for giving you those nice dendrites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

It’s pretty close on the HRRR and some mesos. The low dew points is what’s saving us for that potential. Though southerly flow is supposed to be screaming up as precip starts so it’s a pretty darn fine line. I think people deff on the fall line and west should see snow but I’m still skeptical about much particularly for me and areas by the bay 

Probably a bit of snow or snow/rain mix before changing to rain over here. I am in Easton, so might not see any snow here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

And some small flakes started now

Instant stockage on all surfaces.  Heavily rimed little snowflakes almost like graupel. 

• Like 2