Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

nj2va

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Do or die for our yards from 9 to noon. Warm layer is still thin/weak. Unsure if rates will overcome but seeing some clumps of snow fall under the little yellow dot 15 mins ago says we have a chance. 

Yep, think we might overcome it for a bit. 

But , looks ice, ice baby tonight. 

Radar looks decent to our sw. 

I was really disappointed to not see any snow this morning... I guess the NAM strikes again.  Couldn't the ICON be right for once? It looks like we got a coating of snow before the light sleet set in earlier. It's sleeting pretty heavily now in Fairfax at 25 degrees. 

Any chance for a changeover to snow sometime today?  

11 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Starting to look like a snowstorm now 

Sykesville 

Pretty crazy the difference between me and you. You are probably 10 minutes up the road, maybe less, depending upon where you are in Sykesville. Not much happening here.

Some folks here are giving up on the storm too soon.   Yeah, the warm nose arrived sooner and in a much larger region than most people expected.Yet the storm in my area (North central Maryland) is starting to RAGE.   We went from light pingers to moderate snow.   I see no traffic on the nearby road, none.  My workplace closed for the day, a rarity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

I dunno why anyone would like sleet.  It sleets hard and then you have nothing to show for it.  At least freezing rain makes the trees look pretty. 

Getting a sleet base IMO makes the snow (if any comes) easier to accumulate - and if it comes AFTER snow it tends to make it harder to melt. Sleet sticks around longer! 

1 minute ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

I dunno why anyone would like sleet.  It sleets hard and then you have nothing to show for it.  At least freezing rain makes the trees look pretty. 

Simple really. Sleet covers everything white, has legit staying power if it stays cold, and I sill get to watch tv at night and not freeze

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

Light sleet in Annapolis, been that way since the very beginning. 

Crazy. Started as cold smoke 7 miles west of you where I am. Got about a half inch then sleet. 

I'm having a pixie dust needle storm right now. It's gotta be snow because it's sticking to the side of my truck. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic