Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

32 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

At this point I almost want it to be more like 37-39F rain to try and melt off some of this ice damming on my roof. 

A few hours of ZR and then 34F rain will be mostly useless. The pack here is already decent water content, it’s going to be able to withstand a grenade launcher after this debacle. Better be worth it for Thursday...lol. 

Almost seems like this Is you subtly  preparing yourself for liquid precip in Holliston

• Like 1

The 2 or so weeks of winter that we had down here in the south was nice...plus the bonus week in mid-December, and the extra credit Halloween storm in October.  Experiencing the feel of winter's of yore was nice...winter activities and all. Now we can get back to our regularly scheduled, Spring prep.

Thanks to all who madd it possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Every model has decent icing in the RT 2 corridor.  Franklin and N ORH Co's  will have outages me thinks.  

Guess I'll test the generator in the morning and get more petrol. 

:axe:

Don't be a clown, turn that axe head frown upside down, I'll be as happy as a clown if that icy nicey happens! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Almost seems like this Is you subtly  preparing yourself for liquid precip in Holliston

Absolutely. Not subtle...I’m already expecting a good chunk of liquid given these trends. But I’d rather get a few hours of raining at 37-39F in there to clear the ice dams at this point than have it be mostly 33F rain which is going to be largely useless. 

• Sad 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Absolutely. Not subtle...I’m already expecting a good chunk of liquid given these trends. But I’d rather get a few hours of raining at 37-39F in there to clear the ice dams at this point than have it be mostly 33F rain which is going to be largely useless. 

Even you know Holliston ain't the best for CAD... but if you're 37 then me and hubby and hippy are rain as well. 

Just now, TheSnowman said:

The NWS is saying I could get 3” of Snow before the Icing?  That seems VERY Aggressive.  That would GREATLY help the rain damage to the pack to come.  

*As this is the One scenario where I pray for rain.  Nothing worse in the world than Ice.  

I’d be surprised if we got any measurable snow at all before the ice (and then rain)...maybe a brief period of light snow tomorrow but even tomorrow looks more sleety if anything happens later in the day. 

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

The NWS is saying I could get 3” of Snow before the Icing?  That seems VERY Aggressive.  That would GREATLY help the rain damage to the pack to come.  

*As this is the One scenario where I pray for rain.  Nothing worse in the world than Ice.  

The watch also includes every single county in their CWA and you're on the SE fringe of the watches so take that into account. Doubt youll see little if any snow.

Just now, Whineminster said:

Even you know Holliston ain't the best for CAD... but if you're 37 then me and hubby and hippy are rain as well. 

It’s possible you go to rain for sure. But it would likely not happen until a lot of ZR first. Still a little skeptical of plain rain where you are though unless we’re talking some 33F drizzle in the dryslot. We’ll see if any trends stabilize or reverse by tomorrow. 

Like I said....it was a nice 10 day season.....the whole D and D and D and D thing didn’t work out so this season totally caved....great storm in December leading up to Xmas then the grinch said fuk off and cancelled that shit right out....January was A-MAZ-ING.....with zilch nada bunk.....February tried and couldn’t quite do it....don’t come at me with whole but but but what about those two storms that dropped 8+?  Who fukin cares if nothing else comes later and all you’re doing is losing pack late in the season....piss off 20-21.....you sucked

• Like 1
  • Weenie 5

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

The difference is that arctic airmass advects in. If you remember, that same airmass was supposed to advect in ahead of this storm back when it was an SNE snowstorm. Here’s Euro H5 from a few days ago....check out that northern stream way ahead of the southern shortwave

image.png.613b2157dc7f91e9ee03bf4a3646298c.png

Now that airmass advects in behind Tuesday’s storm. We’re not getting the brunt of it, but it should produce an antecedent airmass colder than the one for this storm. 

Would happily trade Tuesday for a solid snow thump Friday, and end the week 1 for 3.

0z Mon Euro depicts a better antecedent airmass Friday for NNE, but SNE still looking borderline. Plenty of time to improve if a more amped Tuesday system advects more cold behind it.

36 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still looks like prolonged icing inland, especially higher elevations like ORH on north. Should be good icing for Kev, but he may squeak above freezing. 

I made peace with 50 + and pack wiped out here this morning during the run. Cleared my head . This is Xmas all over again . Hope to replenish it on Thursday . Though I think ones also going to be lost 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

6Z Euro is a blood bath even for Kev. I am rain start to finish with .8 precip 

I saw. I felt wishy washy yesterday, but thought the 12z NAM was onto something. I still think people like Hubbdave will have some good icing. I never had any skin in the game here, but was hoping others might.