• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

Need a Hail Mary here,  otherwise it's a few hours of sleet and freezing rain and then a straight rainer.  I doubt we torch here, probably 33 to 36 degrees and heavy rain.  Perhaps we spike a little bit more after the front moves through and things mix out.  It's been a disappointing few days after a nice stretch.  

I’ve got friend on the West Coast crying over Ice Damage.  

I’ve got friends in Mississippi crying over Ice Damage.  

And we are PREPARING for Ice Damage.  

HOW CAN A STORM produce THIS Amount of ICE across the Entire country coast to coast??  I thought you need VERY specific conditions at various levels to get it??  This is Alll over!  

4 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

I’ve got friend on the West Coast crying over Ice Damage.  

I’ve got friends in Mississippi crying over Ice Damage.  

And we are PREPARING for Ice Damage.  

HOW CAN A STORM produce THIS Amount of ICE across the Entire country coast to coast??  I thought you need VERY specific conditions at various levels to get it??  This is Alll over!  

Bc you have a ton of moisture running up over a historically cold arctic airmass.

27 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

its never easy to accept you wasted a week tracking whether it will ultimately be 34 and rain or 37 and rain lol 

what a dumpster fire performance from the models over the last couple days. 

My wife saved me from blogging about this crap and looking like an idiot lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

At this point I almost want it to be more like 37-39F rain to try and melt off some of this ice damming on my roof. 

A few hours of ZR and then 34F rain will be mostly useless. The pack here is already decent water content, it’s going to be able to withstand a grenade launcher after this debacle. Better be worth it for Thursday...lol. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, BostonWX said:

Hoping to avoid the worst of the torch tuesday , 18z gfs into the 50s over se ma :lol:

mCU9Unq.png

Bring it on, all I have to look forward to is an inch or two of snow before another bout of rain.

If it can't snow, it may as well clear out the remaining sludge so I can cycle away the tears.

Just now, dryslot said:

You want to hope its not a repeat of Tuesday, Modeling looks similar right now.

The difference is that arctic airmass advects in. If you remember, that same airmass was supposed to advect in ahead of this storm back when it was an SNE snowstorm. Here’s Euro H5 from a few days ago....check out that northern stream way ahead of the southern shortwave

image.png.613b2157dc7f91e9ee03bf4a3646298c.png

Now that airmass advects in behind Tuesday’s storm. We’re not getting the brunt of it, but it should produce an antecedent airmass colder than the one for this storm. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The difference is that arctic airmass advects in. If you remember, that same airmass was supposed to advect in ahead of this storm back when it was an SNE snowstorm. Here’s Euro H5 from a few days ago....check out that northern stream way ahead of the southern shortwave

image.png.613b2157dc7f91e9ee03bf4a3646298c.png

Now that airmass advects in behind Tuesday’s storm. We’re not getting the brunt of it, but it should produce an antecedent airmass colder than the one for this storm. 

Would have been good to get both as snow but looks like we sacrifice Tuesday for Thursday.