• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

The kink south to the surface warm front is likely severely under-modeled. Cold Air damming and ageo flow along the Apps—this looks like a classic example down to the mid Atlantic. 

At the margin this will likely have important implications and cause the surface low to travel southeast of I90. And how this feeds into the potential development of a mesolow near 40N, mitigating easterly fetch,  we could still be looking at cold surprises down to I95. But this latter points seems far less likely at the moment, outside of persistence factors—climo, snowpack etc...

A surface low track halfway between I90 and I95 —or thereabouts—is my best guess at the moment...Hedging colder than guidance...

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

The kink south to the surface warm front is likely severely under-modeled. Cold Air damming and ageo flow along the Apps—this looks like a classic example down to the mid Atlantic. 

At the margin this will likely have important implications and cause the surface low to travel southeast of I90. And how this feeds into the potential development of a mesolow near 40N, mitigating easterly fetch,  we could still be looking at cold surprises down to I95. But this latter points seems far less likely at the moment, outside of persistence factors—climo, snowpack etc...

A surface low track halfway between I90 and I95 —or thereabouts—is my best guess at the moment...Hedging colder than guidance...

33* rain rather than 37* rain.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Probably the most extreme winter outbreak in the south of our lifetime.  Rolling blackouts now up to 5 hours. The environmental impact to tropical vegetation is immense. 1899 redeaux. 

Won’t be a long lasting as 1989, but this is a potent shot with general cold into the weekend.

• Like 1