Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Skiing in sleet can be painful but everyone has face masks, ha.  Skiing on sleet is wonderful.  It’s so smooth.  Freezing rain though and the situation changes quickly.  

Hopefully sleet and not a ton of freezing rain...any liquid is going to make weds pretty bad with that quick, hard freeze after the precip shuts off.  Southern Vermont resorts might be in trouble.  Better hope thurs refreshes.

20 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

NAM says what snow, and v16 isn't too enthused for CT.  Right now old gfs is most bullish followed by Euro.  Ensembles look great, but we've been there before..

I’m sure we’ll start as snow vs today’s rusty coat hangar feux icestorm that the models fooled us with. But these gulf origin lows when SE ridges flex almost always look great a few days out and ultimately end up seeing Freak to Phin dong slapping high fives

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

Hopefully sleet and not a ton of freezing rain...any liquid is going to make weds pretty bad with that quick, hard freeze after the precip shuts off.  Southern Vermont resorts might be in trouble.  Better hope thurs refreshes.

Yeah for sure.  Any liquid is bad.  Sleet is no big deal and skis nicely.  Groomed runs after sleet are about as good as they get. But again, as long as no liquid water got into it.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d be happy if it only got to 36 -38 like that shows here. But NAM Reggie and Euro all rip 50’s almost to ORH... I am extremely worried 

3k nam keeps you on the colder side. Maybe you tickle low 40s when the west winds kick in. Either way, it’s only frozen water. You’ll want it gone in a few weeks anyway.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

3k nam keeps you on the colder side. Maybe you tickle low 40s when the west winds kick in. Either way, it’s only frozen water. You’ll want it gone in a few weeks anyway.

It’s going to be a glacier. I’ll be spreading Lesco in my speedo in mid March while 4” of crusty snow surrounds his ill-placed Davis. 

• Haha 1

Going to make sure to take anything subject to rotting off my cellar floor! The Christmas storm's melting snow and semi frozen ground flooded me for only the third time in almost 25 years. If it stays 40 or below the snow soaks most of it up (still have 10-12 inches or so on the ground). If it goes up to 50 with heavy rain.... Still better than having an ice laden tree fall on the house.

OT: My mother's side of the family is from Oklahoma. What an incredible scene down there. I think they've broken their seasonal snowfall records due to December and January evets. 

2 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Going to make sure to take anything subject to rotting off my cellar floor! The Christmas storm's melting snow and semi frozen ground flooded me for only the third time in almost 25 years. If it stays 40 or below the snow soaks most of it up (still have 10-12 inches or so on the ground). If it goes up to 50 with heavy rain.... Still better than having an ice laden tree fall on the house.

OT: My mother's side of the family is from Oklahoma. What an incredible scene down there. I think they've broken their seasonal snowfall records due to December and January evets. 

You guys from Kevin to ORH who have dreams of thongs flying through the air with 55F temps are in for a rude awakening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

image.png.3a8f3186859ca5ad87037e7d3b0011c5.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys from Kevin to ORH who have dreams of thongs flying through the air with 55F temps are in for a rude awakening. 

This shows you the true level of psychological damage the 2020 grinch storm caused. Now even a CAD storm is going to wipe out a deep pack...somehow in a window of like 6-8 hours. :lol: