Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I’m getting stuff like the metal gate on my fence starting to glaze and now parts of the deck. Napeuary sun getting stronger this time of year. 

Even in the 12/2008 event in ORH, I had trouble accreting during the day on 12/11/08...we were icing up on trees and stuff but my car windshield and even the grass was kind of meh until dark. Obviously that was marginal temps, but even near the winter solstice, the time of day made a difference. 

• Like 1

-SN, 25.2° F. 0.7" of snow today, but it's that type of snow that's on the verge of sleet with some aggregation and high fall velocities evident. There's a warm layer up there that's probably just barely above freezing and is not warm or thick enough to melt the flakes yet.

Anyway, not looking forward to the sh** show that's arriving here by midnight. Hopefully I'll get more of my QPF as sleet than freezing rain, but the NAM is about 0.8" QPF freezing rain, HRRR about 0.5". 

• Like 1

27/21 on Green Hill Worcester. Roads are fine still but some surfaces are starting to get a little slick. Barest trace of icing on tree branches. It was 36 in Northborough (about 10 miles east and 400 feet lower). No icing when I was there with the wife earlier this afternoon. The reading seems to high looking at local temps, but there was no ice on any of the surfaces (including car windows etc) while we were out. 

16 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

27/21 on Green Hill Worcester. Roads are fine still but some surfaces are starting to get a little slick. Barest trace of icing on tree branches. It was 36 in Northborough (about 10 miles east and 400 feet lower). No icing when I was there with the wife earlier this afternoon. The reading seems to high looking at local temps, but there was no ice on any of the surfaces (including car windows etc) while we were out. 

Yeah that 36F reading was bogus. Nobody was that warm around here. 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

29.4.. and interestingly the dew  has dropped down to 27. Maybe cold holds?

The mesos had this though. Later this evening and overnight winds increase from east and we should see it warm, but as many said...probably take the under on the interior temps even though it will get above freezing. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The mesos had this though. Later this evening and overnight winds increase from east and we should see it warm, but as many said...probably take the under on the interior temps even though it will get above freezing. 

I saw all those models punching 50’s and dews inland . Shaken