Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Drive up 108 to where I am for my sons appointment right now. This is basically a long walk from where we live. 

Well, to quite Belichek today, “We’re onto (Cincinnati) Thursday”

Rooting for ya guys down in East HoCo to cash in over the next few weeks. Been in an unlucky spot all winter with these storm it seems man. 

7 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Rooting for ya guys down in East HoCo to cash in over the next few weeks. Been in an unlucky spot all winter with these storm it seems man. 

After today, I’m at nearly 11” for the season. That’s not bad for early February! But it hasn’t come easy and could certainly imagine being near 18” with some not crazy luck. But such is life. 

• Like 2

2.2" final here. More of a slush bomb than a paste bomb for sure. A couple of hours of SN/borderline SN+ failed to add much to accumulations since ~10:30am. I'd imagine the total would've been a bit higher if it had happened just a few hours earlier. Still a pretty decent storm for all things considered. Three 2" events so far and counting, pretty great winter so far!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I measured 5.2 on my deck before the lull. Measured another 1.8 after from the second round. But depth never got above 5.8 and now it’s compacted back to like 5 again. So 7 actually fell between the two heavy bands but we never passed 5.8 depth due to compaction during the lull.  Also this is the kind of borderline event where my 300 extra feet might have mattered some. It was 33 during a lot of the storm even up here. 

Same phenomenon here.  Had 8”+ total but never had quite 8” on the ground except in the shady areas.  I have 3-4” now due to compaction and melting and it is 37.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic