Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

mappy

28 minutes ago, CAPE said:

LOL thanks.

It goes hot and cold here, like most places outside of the favored locations. WDI is hopefully kicking in now. Defo been on a heater with precip here since July. Need to translate that run to some frozen.

I should delete my post now lol. I'm 100% rooting for bands to park on you for hours. My brain has moved on to an amazing QB matchup tonight and a foot of ice later this week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Image result for he's done it again gif

Lol I live on top of a mountain. Furthermore it’s the first significant ridge in eastern MD. So with any easterly wind flow the upslope is crazy. Yea I’m not at 3000 feet like western MD but east of me aren’t more mountains it’s the coastal plain. So I get 1000 ft of upslope with an east fetch.  That’s why I fear the fringe. It’s the only way I don’t win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LP08 said:

It’s almost laughable how big the flakes are.

2 minutes ago, Morch Madness said:

Some of the biggest flakes I’ve ever seen right now

Is there a scientific explanation for this? I've also seen some of the biggest flakes I can ever remember this morning. 

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I always root for my yard but once it’s obvious it’s shifting to my east I want the banding to crush everyone else.  Unfortunately 95 ended up in the screw zone between the crazy fgen banding on the eastern shore and the typical oragraphically enhanced banding to the NW.  Baltimore keeps finding ways to fail EVERY storm it’s amazing. @CAPE hope that band sits over you a few more hours!!!

Lost the potato chip flakes but still coming down hard.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Lol I live on top of a mountain. Furthermore it’s the first significant ridge in eastern MD. So with any easterly wind flow the upslope is crazy. Yea I’m not at 3000 feet like western MD but east of me aren’t more mountains it’s the coastal plain. So I get 1000 ft of upslope with an east fetch.  That’s why I fear the fringe. It’s the only way I don’t win. 

Let me know when one of your neighbors puts their house up for sale! I'm mostly kidding. Mostly.

This ones not happening for eastern HoCo and Baltimore city. Just stuck between meso bands to our east and west. Frustrating. If it was colder we probably still would have added up 3” or so. But going to end with 0.5” unless this last hour or two drastically changes.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Can we get 6” snow and 6” ice instead?  Please lol 

Lets not derail this thread but you cant help but to look at midrange guidance and think we may be in for one of the more impactful mixed events in years. Many years... Someone is getting it. Maybe it's us. I'm very interested

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

This ones not happening for eastern HoCo and Baltimore city. Just stuck between meso bands to our east and west. Frustrating. If it was colder we probably still would have added up 3” or so. But going to end with 0.5” unless this last hour or two drastically changes.

I came in over 1" a bit south of you, but as pretty as this was, it's been frustrating to watch several bands fall apart on our doorstep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

My neighbors on both sides sold their houses within the last few years so might have missed your chance.  I’m trying not to take it personally. 

Maybe they don't like the upslope effects and more snow?  Is that even possible?  Was it used on the listings for the properties as a plus? Does the sn value increase the county assessment for taxes?  

Sorry, too many questions and I've digressed.  Hope the remaining band sets up over you.  For all you contribute here you are among the most worthy.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic