mappy

February 7th Storm Threat Discussion/Obs

about 3” as it comes to an end. i’ll see what my local spotters in town report.

I'm happy that it snowed and a period of heavy snow is always a bonus. now in to Wednesday and beyond.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Impressive! We’ve been snowing since before 7:00 and we haven’t accumulated much more than 1.25”.

Last time I saw snow falling like this was the mid March 2018 storm.

• Like 7

Two inches on elevated surfaces in my backyard. And that was before the melting commenced. I imagine this will indeed be totally gone in the next couple of hours.

Advisory criteria, but definitely not WSW. And not as much fun with it being extremely wet and kids could not sled.

But the visuals during the bands were above anything I've seen in a couple years.

• Like 2

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Would be nice to get in on one of these bands before it’s over but they very stubbornly are avoiding eastern HoCo.

Ask and you shall receive. Looks like one should be swinging through momentarily. My brother in west EC just texted me and said it went from drizzle to nice flakes within minutes. Hope you get it!

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Last time I saw snow falling like this was the mid March 2018 storm.

ALWAYS rootin for ya man. Sometimes I find myself willing to sacrifice my yard for yours but that's plain crazy talk so it ends just as quick as it starts. But the brief thought counts even as I sit here rooting for flaming meteors in your yard and white asteroids in mine. 

• Like 1

First deathband has gone east. Another appears to be reloading near Frederick and coming my way. Rates picking back up again. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

ALWAYS rootin for ya man. Sometimes I find myself willing to sacrifice my yard for yours but that's plain crazy talk so it ends just as quick as it starts. But the brief thought counts even as I sit here rooting for flaming meteors in your yard and white asteroids in mine. 

LOL thanks.

It goes hot and cold here, like most places outside of the favored locations. WDI is hopefully kicking in now. Defo been on a heater with precip here since July. Need to translate that run to some frozen.

3 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

What did Baltimore do to anger the snow gods this year? This is pathetic.

Mostly Rain. 36/30. Maybe a quarter inch of wet slop on grass

It’s really pathetic. I mean even places that should be warmer in southern MD and the eastern shore are getting more snow than us 

Another Sunday, another busted forecast for SE Bawlmore.

36/33 with a cold rain. Accumulated precipitation: rain puddles 

Looks like ol Kooky Uncle Randy's fears about mixing along the 95 corridor were justified after all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

It’s really pathetic. I mean even places that should be warmer in southern MD and the eastern shore are getting more snow than us 

You hated on this storm for days so the #snowgods are giving you your karma

• Haha 1

Went for a family jebwalk and of course it turned to snizzle. Just enough to coat the trees but not enough for sledding. Once rates lightened up it got real slushy real quick. Apparently 500ft wasn't enough for this storm!

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

You hated on this storm for days so the #snowgods are giving you your karma

I didn’t hate on it until yesterday. I was actually praising some of the model runs on Friday and saying wow could we really get a favorable trend at the last minute for once?! Then it went the other way yesterday 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

It all about the lift, with the column cold outside of the immediate surface.

Sadly the post I made yesterday of the NAM depiction with it 32-33 and puking snow here and 36 and drizzle there turned out to be pretty accurate. Sorry man! Your area has a better chance with the late week deal, although it may be more icy than snowy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I will take responsibility for the Baltimore snow hole. 

• Like 1

Heavy snow now down to 33 and 1/2 mile vis. Best rates I have seen in central DE in a while. Much better than the 2inches last weekend we got. Already at inch. Kids will be happy.

25680274-5D89-42A2-A3FE-8537B733D93B.jpeg

• Like 3