Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

1 hour ago, das said:

The valley convergence has pushed far enough south down the valley to just now reach me.  1/8mi. visibility, it looks like.  I'd guess this is 2"/hr rates.  We'll see in a bit....  24ºF/19ºF, N23G31, it's howling out there.

BTV_Loop.thumb.gif.ce258c882b2eac8203c39af1815b0b83.gif

That NWS met now has 11.4” Storm total in Milton and only 1” last hour lol.

I think we are around 6.5” here in Stowe Village. Steady snow still going.

45 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

North facing, stained glass door to the porch in my bedroom pinging away all night. Surprised I didn’t swan dive off it that night.

Best storm ever here.  34".  My black lab mix jumped of the second step and disappeared like she was diving into a pond. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

How did NYC, BWI and DC do?

This was a very good storm but won't rate highly on NESIS scale. I wonder if it would even be considered a near-miss? In New England unfortunately Boston only had 1.2"? 

NYC-17.2" (may make it to 18" with snow showers still around)

LGA-13.5"

JFK: 12.6"

ISP: 11.4" (seems low to me but is what it is. Most Long Island totals are 13-16")

Upton: 14.0"

BDR: 15.8"

EWR: 17.7"

PHL: 7.9"

DCA: 3.2"

IAD: 5.7"

BWI: 4.0"

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Confirmed 6.5”.  Haven’t cleared board yet but decided to break it up so I can see the 12-hr total at 5:30am tomorrow.

Awesome refresh to the landscape.  All we ask for.

D41F15B7-67A7-413A-8221-B0F34322FF60.thumb.jpeg.860da0caaf2f44421ae06951b6fd0aab.jpeg

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

This was a very good storm but won't rate highly on NESIS scale. I wonder if it would even be considered a near-miss? In New England unfortunately Boston only had 1.2"? 

NYC-17.2" (may make it to 18" with snow showers still around)

LGA-13.5"

JFK: 12.6"

ISP: 11.4" (seems low to me but is what it is. Most Long Island totals are 13-16")

Upton: 14.0"

BDR: 15.8"

EWR: 17.7"

PHL: 7.9"

DCA: 3.2"

IAD: 5.7"

BWI: 4.0"

Let's see later. Huge population outside them cities had over a foot. Probably 25 million 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It was pretty vigorous.  I just passed 7" here in Charlotte and 3.5" of it came in 1h45m from 3:45pm to 5:30pm.  The convergence was definitely greater 20mi to the north in Milton so it's likely a legit measurement as they were under it for like 3 hours and they started with 4 or or so already while I only had a measly 2.5" when it started.  Steady snow still going here.  It's going to be a nice 24 hours upcoming as waves of moisture continue to wrap around the GOM low.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, das said:

It was pretty vigorous.  I just passed 7" here in Charlotte and 3.5" of it came in 1h45m from 3:45pm to 5:30pm.  The convergence was definitely greater 20mi to the north in Milton so it's likely a legit measurement as they were under it for like 3 hours and they started with 4 or or so already while I only had a measly 2.5" when it started.  Steady snow still going here.  It's going to be a nice 24 hours upcoming as waves of moisture continue to wrap around the GOM low.

Flow looks real blocked, you should do pretty decent in the CPV.  We’ve been getting some under the beam good fluff, almost another inch past 1.25 hours with nothing on radar... has to be 6000ft or lower in the atmosphere.  Probably north wind funneling here between Mansfield and the Worcester Range.