Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

10 minutes ago, Greg said:

I know because  that 20" amount was taken close to 4 AM this morning. With Bedford at about 21", Acton at 21.8", Methuen at 18.3" and Lowell at 20.1"  "NOT" the 24",  and the way that Coastal Front behaved; those amounts seem pretty spot on.

Ya all I know is I am glad I bought my Ariens! shoveling the back yard dog paths killed my back. This Morning doing the plow mounds at both entrances of my horse shoe driveway paid for the machine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, geo1 said:

Ya all I know is I am glad I bought my Ariens! shoveling the back yard dog paths killed my back. This Morning doing the plow mounds at both entrances of my horse shoe driveway paid for the machine.

My Ariens was worth its weight in gold today....took some work, but it crushed the waterlogged 3 to 4 foot snow banks on each part of my horseshoe driveway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just finished cleaning everything outside (cars driveway walk deck etc).....what a ridiculous pack this is. Total depth is around 18" and it has some MEAT to it. We basically had the equivaent of sheet drizzle (except it was snizzle that accumulated a few tenths) all morning that just added in liquid equivalent into the pack without really changing it. All the paste froze just enough to cling to everything with temps hovering around 29-30F after the CF sunk back SE around 4am.

Too bad the currier and ives stuff doesn't look like much now. It would be perfect to get a couple inches of fluff on top. But who knows, ULL to our south typically unpredictable so maybe some bands delivers for a large area.

When would that be? I have a feeling we might over perform with that and maybe give a little consolation to the coast? 

6 minutes ago, geo1 said:

Make sure my friend you check  the roof of your house now and again like I do. This stuff can start to weigh down and cause problems. Otherwise good storm around these parts.

East Acton             21.8   700 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Hudson                 20.9   659 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Littleton              20.4   805 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  LOWELL                 20.1   836 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  Wilmington             20.0   221 AM  2/02  General Public
  Dracut                 19.6   737 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Tewksbury              19.5   635 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  Townsend               18.2   931 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  Burlington             18.2  1131 PM  2/01  Trained Spotter
  Winchester             18.2   744 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

When would that be? I have a feeling we might over perform with that and maybe give a little consolation to the coast? 

Depends what model you believe....it might never occur or it could occur tonight or tomorrow. ULL doesn't lift north of us until tomorrow night so any one of these litle vorticity spokes rotating around it underneath us could potentially fire off some snow showers....but nothing is guaranteed.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Depends what model you believe....it might never occur or it could occur tonight or tomorrow. ULL doesn't lift north of us until tomorrow night so any one of these litle vorticity spokes rotating around it underneath us could potentially fire off some snow showers....but nothing is guaranteed.

Fascinating 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Starting to crank back this way.  A NWS MET just text me 2.9” in 1-hour in Milton just north of BTV.

7E5D500C-2E96-4C7B-8467-720075D7411F.gif.93b7d4cb15a82fe076414fb72b8e0fed.gif

The valley convergence has pushed far enough south down the valley to just now reach me.  1/8mi. visibility, it looks like.  I'd guess this is 2"/hr rates.  We'll see in a bit....  24ºF/19ºF, N23G31, it's howling out there.

BTV_Loop.thumb.gif.ce258c882b2eac8203c39af1815b0b83.gif

42 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just finished cleaning everything outside (cars driveway walk deck etc).....what a ridiculous pack this is. Total depth is around 18" and it has some MEAT to it. We basically had the equivaent of sheet drizzle (except it was snizzle that accumulated a few tenths) all morning that just added in liquid equivalent into the pack without really changing it. All the paste froze just enough to cling to everything with temps hovering around 29-30F after the CF sunk back SE around 4am.

Too bad the currier and ives stuff doesn't look like much now. It would be perfect to get a couple inches of fluff on top. But who knows, ULL to our south typically unpredictable so maybe some bands delivers for a large area.

Most of us should be able to grab an inch overnight . Radar filling in 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, geo1 said:

Just measured 18 inches in mby so given the compaction I believe close to 20 was attainable. I live in North Wilmington close to 93.

Okay, if you have a depth of 18" right now, then you had 20.5". That makes sense from my Wilmington measurements, as the depth when I left was 17" at 1am. 

I have a current depth of 14" in Methuen, and had a 16.5" snowfall.

• Like 1

Let's please put to bed this crap that you need a 36 hr event to get big totals. This event is a perfect illustration...this SLOW mover has consisted of 10-12  of all hell breaking loose, and another 12 hrs of flurries. This is not a complaint whatsoever...loved the event, but big totals are achieved via several hours of intense dynamics, not 48 hours of impact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Let's please put to bed this crap that you need a 36 hr event to get big totals. This event is a perfect illustration...this SLOW mover has consisted of 10-12  of all hell breaking loose, and another 12 hrs of flurries. This is not a complaint whatsoever...loved the event, but big totals are achieved via several hours of intense dynamics, not 48 hours of impact.

That happens in most large events. Though arguably to achieve true top dog status, you want at least an 18 hour event...that is what usually puts it over the top from like a 15-20 incher into a 2+ footer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Spewed all over your belly.  Was it worth the 4 days of complete unfettered meltdowns?

Yes...TBH, by NE MA standards, I still missed out to Wilmington area in Methuen...you just aren't hearing about bc I was in Wilmington most of the event. Some of the more seasoned mets and vets were trying to tell me I was going to get smoked by the CF, and I said no...will be se of me in Wilmington.  Exactly what happen. They beat me by 4".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes...TBH, by NE MA standards, I still missed out to Wilmington area in Methuen...you just aren't hearing about bc I was in Wilmington most of the event. Some of the more seasoned mets and vets were trying to tell me I was going to get smoked by the CF, and I said no...will be se of me in Wilmington.  Exactly what happen. They beat me by 4".

You did get hit hard by the CF even in Methuen. I guess it’s all relative. 

1 hour ago, Greg said:

I know because  that 20" amount was taken close to 2:30 AM this morning. With Bedford at about 21.0", Acton at 21.8", Methuen at 18.3" and Lowell at 20.1",  and the way that Coastal Front behaved, those amounts seem pretty spot on.

East Acton              21.8   700 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Hudson                 20.9   659 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Littleton              20.4   805 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  LOWELL                 20.1   836 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  Wilmington             20.0   221 AM  2/02  General Public
  Dracut                 19.6   737 AM  2/02  Ham Radio
  Tewksbury              19.5   635 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  Townsend               18.2   931 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter
  burlington             18.2  1131 PM  2/01  Trained Spotter
  WInchester             18.2   744 AM  2/02  Trained Spotter

14.4" otg here average, 1.5" compaction