Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I had about 6.  Denser than I thought.  Good base pack for the rest of the winter given the extended forecast. Oddly, I didn’t feel angry or jealous or frustrated even though we only got 6 inches in the storm. I’m glad all the others got it and I’m kind of happy to have something that I can walk in. And it’s really beautiful, the way it’s stuck to everything in the trees in the woods

It was pretty fluffy up here. After midnight it was closer to 10:1. The evergreens have some snow, but the wind kept most of it out of the trees as well as the bamboo.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The RGEM will be just correct enough to miss me to the east.

I don’t know, looking at the radar it looks to me that it is an expanding precipitation field and it’ll get us eventually. My wunder  ground app is predicting 1 to 3 inches. It’s surprising to me how often there’s no forecasts are very accurate so we’ll see. But I bet we get into some steady or snow this afternoon

8 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

How much in Meriden? My first clearing around 5 PM or so yesterday was mostly fluff but the 4-5 inches afterwards was not pleasant... compacted a bit and it's quite a meaty pack now.

I measured around 14” last night at about 9:00, definitely compacted overnight. It was mostly powder all day yesterday but has completely changed composition to absolute concrete.

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well according to that map, NWS has my town at 17.5” so I was 1.5” low with my measurements According to their spotter. 2nd highest on that map in the state only to Roxbury. Lol.  Was a great storm for sure. 

I had 15.8 so it lines up with the 16 pretty well. Gotta imagine the 17.5 was maybe on a hill on the west end of town... slightly more there, probably. I believe Wolcott had 17-18.

• Like 1

Just now, White Rain said:

Nice localized event for blue hill. Probably a fun hike with snow shoes if in that area. Tough event for immediate coast, they will get payback at some point for us land locked people.

You should know by now that we don't pay back the coast on the east slopes of the ORH hills. We just steal snow, and then when the coast gets smoked, we sneak into the club when the bouncer isn't looking.

• Haha 7

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You should know by now that we don't pay back the coast on the east slopes of the ORH hills. We just steal snow, and then when the coast gets smoked, we sneak into the club when the bouncer isn't looking.

Noreastermass just loaded a Ryder truck with ammonium nitrate for your house.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

I had 15.8 so it lines up with the 16 pretty well. Gotta imagine the 17.5 was maybe on a hill on the west end of town... slightly more there, probably. I believe Wolcott had 17-18.

I'm in the SW corner of town and had 16.5 - could definitely see someone with a little more elevation than me  hitting 17+.

• Like 1