Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/31 - 2/2 Obs. / Nowcast

TheSnowman

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There was no rain other than SE CT. Maybe you had zrdz and snow grains 

Yes it was either rain or some other wet phenomenon...All of the railings and deck were snow covered last night, when I woke up they were slush, and it was misting out.    

Edit: It's hard to see from this pic, but that railing had snow on it last night, now it is just an inch of slush. Slush on the deck as well, and the table was  all snow, and now slush.  I don't know if being on the lake has anything to do with it, but I will drive away about a mile from the lake and there will be a clear difference in temperature and increased snow amounts after some storms. 

IMG_20210202_080720.jpg

Net loss in snow.  3" looks to be about it.  Woke up to maybe 1" of snow total on the ground, including the previous storms.  Driveway was a sheet of ice under the 1" of slushee I had to "shovel".  More like squeegee it off.  Pretty remarkable considering about 90% of the QPF that fell was snow.  I see TAN at ~1.25" and I went to be last night seeing over 1" and it was still snowing at that time.  So by that math the snow ratio was around 3:1.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

I feel like we really got hosed. How often does the entire MA/SNE get a Noreaster and NNE gets considerably less? 

Pretty frequently.  If they get hit we are often fringed.  It is the rare storm that hits us all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, weathafella said:

Longitude.   I don’t think it’s proximity to the coast as much as proximity t the warmer lowers and mids.  I measured 9 inches but 5 miles west got 14+.  Conversely 5 mikes East...indeed 3 miles east got slop.  This is wet snow...snow blew twice and the shoveling just now of the 2 inches since 11:30 pm was backbreaking.   NAM did well.   Forget snow maps..they aren’t produced by the model.  However their progs for bl were pretty good.   

right, exactly. the mesos did fine if you didn't consider the clown maps. the soundings were accurate. just a good lesson for me.