Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, Imgoinhungry said:

got it.  Im by pinecliff park.  Not nearly that much, but a good thump this evening.

Not too far from me, I probably have 'slight' elevation on you, but not much.  We got hammered from pretty much 3pm to about now. Seems to be finishing up. 

Just now, jayyy said:

No worries Mappy :D! still have the ULL to get through tonight as well. Think we’ll catch the southern end of that. 

I was happy with what I got yesterday, this is all a bonus for me. Got no place to be, let it snow let it snow let it snow 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BFZ said:

Not too far from me, I probably have 'slight' elevation on you, but not much.  We got hammered from pretty much 3pm to about now. Seems to be finishing up. 

That area as you get toward Jefferson is a classic, localized jackpot zone in a lot of coastal storms.  Doesn't surprise me that you over performed.  

I happened to check radar back at like 4:45 just before that big band moved into Loudoun, in time for my 3 year old and me to get our snow gear on and head out with the sled. Ended up sledding in mod/heavy snow for 1.5 hours and had a blast. 

Certainly a surprise and puts this storm in a much more positive light. Using the NWS accepted and highly accurate eyeball it method, looks like we picked up a quick 1.5 - 2 inches. 

5 minutes ago, jayyy said:

It’s going to get downright filthy next weekend into early next week. Snow followed by teens for highs, single digits to 0 for lows. 

You with the dirty talk.  Just hoping not to get back ended.  That is way too painful.  

• Haha 2

Just now, osfan24 said:

Today was fairly wintry this afternoon but quite underwhelming. I think a lot of places ended up getting less than expected.

Yeah. I know people dont wanna hear my snow problems but it wasn’t even very wintry on the east side here. Very light snow for an hour or 2. Slightly heavier for like 15 mins around like 4pm. No additional accumulations around these parts. Got actually more rain this morning than any snow this afternoon 

Just now, osfan24 said:

Today was fairly wintry this afternoon but quite underwhelming. I think a lot of places ended up getting less than expected.

In central MD, for sure. That’s why they dropped the Warning for a 1” advisory (except for the northern tier) 

That’s MD climo during a Miller b - especially one that doesn’t phase early.  A difference of 30 miles means 10” versus 3-4”. Hell, less than 30 miles meant 20” for my son, with half of that here. 

No worries my friend. Miller A’s are down the pipeline - and the i-95 / I-29 corridor will get its jackpot storm.    

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic