Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s a crushing blow all of CT

its coming....just can't have any pushes SE again, the confluence kinda ran off, even early on in the run. Hopefully it is right. If it continues to push north, that zone down in Jersey might push further north like the Icon had.

5 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

its coming....just can't have any pushes SE again, the confluence kinda ran off, even early on in the run. Hopefully it is right. If it continues to push north, that zone down in Jersey might push further north like the Icon had.

That's the same spot NAM was crushing in Jersey. That's where the best fronto was. Come on, baby. Bring it north. Come to Butthead.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Maybe I'm just extremely biased, but I don't understand why QPF isn't pushing 2 inches with a track that slow and such a dynamic system. Is it because it vertically stacks too early?

It’s not a very rapidly deepening system when you look aloft. It’s strengthening but not bombing out. So that sort of limits the magnitude of the lift. 

However, I’ve noticed that models will sometimes under forecast QPF in favored areas on deep layer easterly flow so we'll have to see how it looks as we get closer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s not a very rapidly deepening system when you look aloft. It’s strengthening but not bombing out. So that sort of limits the magnitude of the lift. 

However, I’ve noticed that models will sometimes under forecast QPF in favored areas on deep layer easterly flow so we'll have to see how it looks as we get closer. 

Any way for this to change as we approach, or is this just the type of system we'll have?

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Winter Hill for sure, ha ha.  Without joking though, it has been interesting to see that there hasn't been a distinct ORH Hills enhancement look but more of a general speed convergence enhancement look as the moisture comes ashore in E.Mass.  Like land friction or something causing a pile up of air as it comes off the ocean... the QPF plots almost look like a tide coming inland and then decreasing as you move away from the coast.

All the global models have that look.  Just strong convergence as the air piles up on land like a massive traffic jam, and that strong easterly flow has no where to go but upwards as there's a speed convergence going on in the low levels.  Probably also lifting over cold air at the SFC too.  Just a great set up in EMA.

ecmwf-deterministic-massachusetts-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-2249200.thumb.png.4037a8a1f4410d6079ad624c1fc9e64c.png

gfs-deterministic-massachusetts-t850_mslp_prcp6hr-2256400.thumb.png.6364c7d0db8ef556274c04a62cf07c3c.png

ecmwf-deterministic-massachusetts-z925_speed-2256400.thumb.png.26e5b2d6b87c5a60352f6b01cd6b4200.png

• Thanks 1