Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The arctic airmass vacates.....love how the other system blocks and delays the storm, but the arctic air just pulls a Houdini and vanishes right through everything.

yeah go figure...not this first time this has happened either. I was actually shocked when I started taking a deeper dive into the thermals near the sfc...my initial guess from everything was this would be a pretty cold storm but not the case. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Well too Steve's point here...if we are talking 1.25'' to 2'' QPF (assuming ratios will be pretty decent) we're probably talking in the ballpark of 18-24''. (Obviously assuming the majority of that, if not, all is snow.

Yes, if we see that widespread, then tip of the cap....but I have reservations on that, aside from a band.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

So much time left for this one.

Just now, dryslot said:

00z GFS is tucked, WOR folks will like.

All about that backside energy.  If it trends stronger, we’ll see some tuckier solutions that may drive warmer air into eastern areas and push the ml goodies further inland.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

All about that backside energy.  If it trends stronger, we’ll see some tuckier solutions that may drive warmer air into eastern areas and push the ml goodies further inland.

Hence my comment earlier about the folks east, You have to be careful what you wish for with the trend of models being NW.