Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

yea i think its a bit under done with that map. For CT too. the 0C 850 line barely makes into the SE 1/3 of CT and by that time the precip is mostly shutting off and the bulk of the snow has fallen. Looks like a solid 6-10 that run for most 

Solid improvements here today...let’s see what tomorrow brings(or later today lol)

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Solid improvements here today...let’s see what tomorrow brings(or later today lol)

ha right. we have to work on a first map so im starting on that soon. Did put this out about 40 hours ago and i think the numbers still hold up from the current thinking. Have to update the NE map though.

01_28.21_jdj_noreaster_6_inch_probs.thumb.jpg.e2d32f25f8ee80f1770c49a037f3ab25.jpg01_28.21_jdj_noreaster_10_inch_probs.thumb.jpg.3a7ddc28a9b2913701125ac2887fa45b.jpg

01_28.21_jdj_northeast_overview.thumb.jpg.41aa33fbdd9e87c3589f6a360d61abde.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would take a foot of paste over 18" of powder, anyway.

paste/powder isn't really my thing. its funny how everyone seems to have their thing they care about with regards to winter storms. but i would take 6" of snow during the day than 12" at night. That dec storm was the biggest of my life (in that month) and completely forgettable.

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm going to sell that model run. Its overdoing the warmth IMO....weird. The precip algorithms make sense....they should be getting hardly precip type, issues, over an inch of QPF, yet like 8" of snow...makes zero sense.

Having a 5C difference between 925 and 2m in heavy qpf makes no sense...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Ya we definitely take!

Looks very good, but I feel like here in Ct spoils see more than what is modeled. Most just to the south and North get a good 1'. Or temps should be fine.  Let's see what tomorrow brings as far as that goes ( minor adjustments, but still happy with the run ). G'night all

21 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Looks very good, but I feel like here in Ct spoils see more than what is modeled. Most just to the south and North get a good 1'. Or temps should be fine.  Let's see what tomorrow brings as far as that goes ( minor adjustments, but still happy with the run ). G'night all

Yea, much safer run for you guys out there...with still the possible exception of CTRV. Not only downslope from easterly fetch, but also maybe subby due to deformation just west. I could see one max with lower fronto east, then another way out in Berks or e NYS into VT w mid level fronto.

Still think there is a reasonable shot it wnt be this far west, though. Watch for this amped trend to steady and potentially even reverse this wknd.