Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Watches flying! Interesting how the left E LI out of the watch. Even with the trends they still look like a lock for 6+. Last shift literally had the most snow in that area in the maps and zones.

GON also out of the watch. Surprised at that one tbh.

Coming in late Sunday night. Everything started to speed up yesterday after slowing prior days .. interesting though start time is Sunday night but end time hasn’t trended earlier 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah. Never miss my Saturday AM run. Lots of layers and face mask. Still gonna be brutal . But gotta power thru it

i dont know how you do it. running in the cold is the worst. id power through the cold but i cant stand the itchy legs phenomena. how do you prevent that from happening?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i dont know how you do it. running in the cold is the worst. id power through the cold but i cant stand the itchy legs phenomena. how do you prevent that from happening?

I wear so many layers still come in soaked in sweat. Today wasn’t terrible except when running NW into the wind. That went thru all layers right to stomach, Do you mean itchy skin after showering? My skin doesn’t itch running 

After reviewing all the overnight data and the trends we decided to go with 6-12" across CT. This is a first call map and we will likely have at least one more update before the storm to fine tune and pinpoint higher and lower ranges. Highlighted the areas to be on the higher end of the range and possibly 12+ in the NE hills. Don't believe mixing will be enough of factor to hold down amounts in the SE corner to warrant a lower range (i.e. 3-6) but figure they will probably be on the lower end. Definitely think OKXs map is a bit too low there in that regard. Once the 12Z and 00Z suite roll out today ill take a look at bufkit and fine tune the ranges. 

01_30.21_jdj_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.82de83aab94524e58de7fc51ea8ae1b0.jpg

These two maps are just for our general public on social media, pretty sure everyone here knows the deal. Just thought they came out pretty cool...photoshop is fun.

01_30.21_jdj_noreaster_headlines.thumb.jpg.238fb307ca06ea9a125d3ba731943259.jpg01_30.21_jdj_northeast_overview_2.thumb.jpg.3e460c5dd3fdd569d0f703a50b64ef21.jpg

• Like 4