Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think it is more prominent in Mass....Will would know.

Good point-

It depends circumstantially...

If there's a lowered snow growth dependency in given system'ss output, and there is an E flow.... the orographic upglide forcing will bulge the stream lines into the growth region in bulk...and thus snows the shit out of the column as the air is forced up slope/particularly near the tops ...but, that air, now removed of substantive water - that induces the shadowing on the far side of the ridge line ..etc..

If there's a higher growth dependency in a system's ongoing shenanigans...that same wind will roll up and over the ridge and descend, and the bulge in the stream line may be lower than the growth region.  Which means the growth region is not receiving forced ascent ... But also, any air flow that comes back down slope compresses by density/gravity ...and that squeezes the V in PV=NRT ... and that raises the pressure in PV=NRT ... which means the temp rises to balance the physics... and when temp rises, that evaporates water... SO that does rob, just not as much. 

I would be willing to bet, that in storms where there was more obvious striated screw slots realized for western zones immediately west of those elevation bands ... reanalysis would show their snow growth regions were lower in the sounding than say that which gook place on Dec 17 over Rutland VT heh

• Thanks 1

That looks like a foot-ball office pool chart ...

We should do that, put down on chart numbers and then when all's said done and totals are in and we see the storm's verified layout - we'll have a more definitive and coherent spectrum for humility and teasing targeting packages that is/are based upon who ranked worst to best -

I would expect the consensus to begin the formulation/coalescence process now come to think about it...96 hours the front loading is over with and the CCB will be doing it's swan song.

I still, however, believe there is a small amount of S/W kinematics over the eastern Pacific that may add ( take away...) some momentum into the total of this thing.  That piece looks susceptible to data shadowing by virtue of being nested so close in space and time, wrt to the California outside slider, and stuff out along 140 W in the Pac. 

32 minutes ago, skierinvermont said:

I'll take 27. 30 would mix some people but be quite historic.

I mean just look at that crippling CCB comma head bomb between CC and NS on #37  ...man, someone out there had better tap the Nat Guard for early preparatory strategy meeting -