Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You know how these go....the bands always trend to the west of modeling to find the rev

Yes, though I have definite concerns with dry air advecting south in the boundary layer through W Mass and N CT. The Euro keeps pretty high sfc dew point depressions through the event. 

Just now, CT Rain said:

Yes, though I have definite concerns with dry air advecting south in the boundary layer through W Mass and N CT. The Euro keeps pretty high sfc dew point depressions through the event. 

I was being sarcastic.

I think that deformation is more like Steve-Union to ORH.

• Like 1

hmm... I like symbolism - one of my hypocrisies as a self-proclaimed realist so bite me ..

But, systems that begin imposing problems in California have a way of imposing problems eastward across their continental reigns of terror.

Ever heard of the turn of phrase, "...This system has a history of producing...."   ?  ...sometimes even when all's said and done in aftermath, back-office conversations at NCEP even say, "...it's funny - that system had a long history of creating problems, too "

Well, this is causing flooding and damage out that way so... Perhaps it means nothing for how hard it snows at TTN - HFD - BED Mass ...

or does it - muah hahahahahaha

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

hmm... I like symbolism - one of my hypocrisies as a self-proclaimed realist so bite me ..

But, systems that begin imposing problems in California have a have a way of imposing problems eastward across their continental reigns of terror.

Ever heard of the turn of phrase, "...This system has a history of producing...."   ?  ...sometimes even when all's said and done in aftermath, back-office conversations at NCEP even say, "...it's funny - that system had a long history of creating problems, too "

Well, this is causing flooding and damage out that way so... Means nothing for how hard it snows at TTN - HFD-BED Mass ...

or does it - muah hahahahahaha

An old man poster here has a California rule. Perhaps he can chime in after he pees.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You were trying to tell me CTRV was fine all day yesterday lol

Huh? I said I think the min there could be real due to the east inflow and downslope. It’s happened in quite a few storms over the years . Morch 2013 they had like 6”. Same with Dec 92. While hills east and west pummeled 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

yeah...it's maybe an obscure, less important observation but I think it's interesting just how thermodynamically cold this air mass is at onset and during, yet the heights at 500 mb are so elevated relative to that.