Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I said last night, that would be my tipping point...I wouldn't even melt. I've already done that. I'd leave...this season has already taken enough from me with so little  return.

Spring Training begins soon.

The sports version of winter 20/21 . :lol:  

• Haha 2

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Euro/EPS will put the nail in the casket in an hour or so.  We knew changes were coming...we just hoped they’d have favored SNE. They haven’t.  Congrats NYC/Mid Atlantic.  

I don't understand why you keep spiking NYC's football. They aren't any better off, and possibly worse.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I still think this comes back somewhat, though I never expected a HECS.

Not happening this year.

I think most were thinking something a lil special might materialize with the set up ...you know the firehose and stall and slow movement and loaded with moisture and blocking talk and what not.  It’s fizzled like George Costanzo’s unit after being in the cold... 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't understand why you keep spiking NYC's football. They aren't any better off, and possibly worse.

I’m not spiking anything, I’m giving some credit to someone who called this scenario Two days ago.  He seems to have sniffed this out very well.  At least at the moment. And NYC has been looking better than all of us over the past day.  

And Who cares...I just wanted to say that Snowgoose said this scenario might play out.  So far he’s looking more right than most. 

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Euro/EPS will put the nail in the casket in an hour or so.  We knew changes were coming...we just hoped they’d have favored SNE. They haven’t.  Congrats NYC/Mid Atlantic.  

It probably comes back some but I’m not wasting hours of my time with a 6” event anymore. I was on the hunt for a big one. I’ll come back on Monday when it is hopefully snowing. 

24 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Snow goose for the win maybe? He said a couple days back...big event up to NYC, anywhere northeast of that in SNE will be a lot less.  He may end up being very right.  If so, nice meteorological foresight on his part. 

I’m gonna be wrong probably on eastern SNE, I didn’t think this would pull that wonky departure/hook north move ala 1/25 and 11/11/87 (the only storms on record BTW where DCA and BOS got 6 and NYC didn’t).  Places like BDL/ORH maybe the idea pans out.  

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

I’m not spiking anything, I’m giving some credit to someone who called this scenario Two days ago.  He seems to have sniffed this out very well.  At least at the moment. And NYC has been looking better than all of us over the past day.  

And Who cares...I just wanted to say that Snowgoose said this scenario might play out.  So far he’s looking more right than most. 

Called what? A cycle of model undulations 4 days out?

Same people who would have milked his chode for nailing the 3' blizzard runs 72 hours out in 1/27/15.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I’m gonna be wrong probably on eastern SNE, I didn’t think this would pull that wonky departure/hook north move ala 1/25 and 11/11/87 (the only storms on record BTW where DCA and BOS got 6 and NYC didn’t).  Places like BDL/ORH maybe the idea pans out.  

Both those places will get quite a bit more than NYC

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I'm all for giving credit where its due, but I just feel like that is dumb 4 days out in a fairly fluid situation.

NYC gets creamed, and Boston gets 5", I'll be the first to give you credit.