Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have not lost sight, I mentioned it yesterday that this has a very broad precip shield associated with the orientation of the ULL, That's why i came in this morning to talk some off the ledge, Have to let this play out, Small nuance changes can have large implications further to the west.

I wasn't melting over the EURO, but for instance, I need to remain mindful that a track over the BM doesn't yield climo results in this as far as deform placement, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have not lost sight, I mentioned it yesterday that this has a very broad precip shield associated with the orientation of the ULL, That's why i came in this morning to talk some off the ledge, Have to let this play out, Small nuance changes can have large implications further to the west.

We need it closer to the US than Bermuda though.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wasn't melting over the EURO, but for instance, I need to remain mindful that a track over the BM doesn't yield climo results in this as far as deform placement, etc.

Thats what i was referring too, I think some had lost sight on what scott had mentioned and with other systems, It would be right to have it that far east and miss.

There’s no doubt in my mind either the GFS/UKMET/CMC joins the Euro and shifts like 80 miles ESE then the Euro will come in and look like the NAM.  We see that happen usually one cycle around this range where the Euro does the opposite of what everyone thinks as soon as one other model moves towards it 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Perfect example of why our upper tier events almost never crush the mid atl...you need to deal with this crap. It can and does work out, but there is more that can go wrong, and the ceiling is lowered a notch or two.

When we first began tracking this, I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw the 20"+ totals in PA.

@Baroclinic Zone Let me know what confused you, and I'll elaborate...

• Like 1

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

There’s no doubt in my mind either the GFS/UKMET/CMC joins the Euro and shifts like 80 miles ESE then the Euro will come in and look like the NAM.  We see that happen usually one cycle around this range where the Euro does the opposite of what everyone thinks as soon as one other model moves towards it 

Yea, it zigs as the rest of the guidance zags.

1 minute ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

I’m pretty sure some of the players for this event have begun to be sampled.

The main shortwave is mostly onshore in CA, but still a little bit remains offshore. By 00z the entire thing will be onshore. I don't expect drastic changes though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The main shortwave is mostly onshore in CA, but still a little bit remains offshore. By 00z the entire thing will be onshore. I don't expect drastic changes though.

Probably not with respect to H5 positioning, but potentially in term of anticipated sensible weather across the region..

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Probably not with respect to H5 positioning, but potentially in term of anticipated sensible weather across the region..

Yes...clearly 25-50 miles can make a big difference. L'm just not all of the sudden expecting to see a storm 400 miles SE or tracking over Scooter's fanny. I think the goalposts are relatively narrow for this time range.

• Like 1